No announcement yet.

Question about Klotz Utilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also want to thank Marv and Bob, great sites.
    les

Comment

[/quote=mklotz]I think he's 'big hat, no cattle' as the Texans say.[/quote]

Hey, I resemble that remark!

Drugstore Cowboy.
      All chaff and no wheat.
      All boot and no galves.
      Trips on his own piggin' string.

Even if it ain ' t bigger , them Texicans will make it look like it is !

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words, folks. I appreciate them.

As I've said before, the site is meant as a little karmic payback to all the
        friends, mentors and skilled amateurs who have helped me over the years.

My conviction is that mathematics, particularly when augmented by the
        computational speed of the computer, can simplify shop work in a multitude of
        ways. A good example is my lathe change gear program. Trying all possible
        change gear combinations to find the one needed for a particular thread would
        be practically impossible if done by hand. With a computer program such an
        exercise is completely feasible.

Even if one knows the math to solve the problem, having a program to perform
        the calculation is still very useful. Computer programs, once properly
        debugged, never forget the proper sequence of operations, never transpose
        digits, and never strike an errant key on the calculator - all things too
        easily done by a human computor.
        Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware - Tools for People Who Build Things
        http://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Comment

Originally posted by mklotz
          THIS IS NOT A PROFESSIONAL MACHINIST BBS. THE EXPECTATION IS THAT MOST
          VISITORS WILL BE, TO SOME DEGREE, AMATEURS, WHO MAY NOT HAVE ALL THE SKILLS AND
          COORDINATION EXPECTED OF A PROFESSIONAL. PROVIDING TECHNIQUES THAT PRODUCE
          GOOD RESULTS AT THE EXPENSE OF TIME IS NOT A BAD THING.
          Well, on that note.......

Let me take this auspicious occasion to tell you how I made out with my "learning to thread" you all helped me with a few weeks ago! I cut my first 1/2 13tpi thread today that I was able to get a nut on that has a nice feel to it. Someone suggested trying the bull gear to slow things down and then I was able to hit the thread dial better. I'll post some pictures of the threads, the ones cut by me, when my website is back up

I know return you to your regularly scheduled flap with millman !!
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

I will add my thanks to Bob and Marv.
            Due to certain personallitys this BB gets to be more fun than the funny papers.
            Don\'t ask me to do a dam thing, I\'m retired.
            http://home.earthlink.net/~kcprecision/

Comment

MY thanks also I have down loaded and used some of the stuff on Marv`s site and I love the Threading Formula shore saves a lot of time .
              Every Mans Work Is A Portrait of Him Self
              http://sites.google.com/site/machinistsite/TWO-BUDDIES
              http://s178.photobucket.com/user/lan...?sort=3&page=1

Comment

I agree, Bob did put alot of finesse on his site.

Comment

Better late than never...

I agree that mklotz site is great, I found it by accident with a search. The funny thing I didn't "connect" it with its creator, until a few weeks ago, A little slow on the uptake.

BobWarfield site is the one of the most amazing "personal" sites I have found. I have spent hours, late at night gawking the pretty pictures.

Maybe if I am good (or win the lotto), I'll get a digi-camera and figure out how to post pics. Until then, I'll just machine half-naked (Evan as a role model)!
                  Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there no sweeter words than "I told you so."

Comment

Working...
                  X