Clear All

• OT: How's that again?

Label on bottle of Ronsonol lighter fluid:

"Caution: Combustible mixture. Do not use near fire or flame."
    ----------
    Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
    Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
    There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
    Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie

Ever notice the little dessicant packets they put in shoes are labled "DO NOT EAT"? I certainly am not in the habit of eating things that I find in a shoe. I don't suspect anybody old enough to read is either.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Sad as it seems, due to law suits and people who have become more stupid due to the content of moives, TV, Internet, music ect. People trying to imitate human volcanoes, fire eaters ect use the lighter fluid instead of the proper fuel of choice. they use it for removing price stickers in the kitschen while a women was cooking dinner/next to stove and set herself on fire. ect. So they have to put the disclaimers on almost any TV ad that has an slightly fantastic subject or activity in in it. Look at the vonage ads, the j*ck*ss movies TV shows.
      And the other day at the pet store they had cat food cans on sale 10 for $3.00I bought 60 cans $18.00 did it in my old head. the poor high school girl at the check out was to worried about what underware she was going to wear for holloween party at school she couldn't figure out how to ring it up because the scanner does't work on that check out. Took 5 minutes before she gave up and got the other girl, to do it for her. The other girl was working in the back of the isle. she called her orver the PA. I guess the guy she was talking to was a stock guy. The poor girl that came up was really, embaressed when she got there heard what she was talking about and then what she wanted.
      I mean a perfect poster girl for making a test to prevent extermely stupid people from having even more extremely stupid kids. And you have to ask why? LOL
      Glen
      Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
      I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
      All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

Operating caution on chisels & punches set, do not strike with hard object. Use chisels with rubber hammer? JIM
        jim

Comment

Actually, I think the flammability warning makes sense on the Ronsonol. It has for so long been recommended as cleaning fluid for any number of applications. When people ask me how to get tape goo off their guitars, my first suggestion is lighter fluid (naphtha). It works well, leaves no residue and injures no finish.

Here I am, doing just that on my Web site, FRETS.COM:

Cheers,

Frank Ford
          HomeShopTech

Comment

Whats next, male baby's getting a tattoo on there penis at birth that says "Caution,May cause pregnancy"

Comment

Originally posted by IOWOLF
              Whats next, male baby's getting a tattoo on there penis at birth that says "Caution,May cause pregnancy"
              Naw, the tatoo goes on the balls and says, "Has been known to cause cancer."

LOL,

BW
              ---------------------------------------------------

http://www.cnccookbook.com/index.htm
              Try G-Wizard Machinist's Calculator for free:
              http://www.cnccookbook.com/CCGWizard.html

Comment

Originally posted by jimmstruk
                Operating caution on chisels & punches set, do not strike with hard object. Use chisels with rubber hammer? JIM

Perhaps this refers to the fact that one shouldn't use a nailing hammer
                on chisels and punches; the face is too hard and may spall when striking
                a hardened punch?

- Bart
                Bart Smaalders
                http://smaalders.net/barts

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
                  Ever notice the little dessicant packets they put in shoes are labled "DO NOT EAT"? I certainly am not in the habit of eating things that I find in a shoe. I don't suspect anybody old enough to read is either.
                  I think that warning is due to the marked similarity in form factor between the dessicant packets and sugar packets.

Sugar lookalike + adolescent boys = lawsuit + warning label

Comment

Sugar lookalike + adolescent boys = lawsuit + warning label
                    Well, perhaps you do have a point. A recent darwin award winner proves that. In a very tragic story from Calgary this week a 13 year old boy placed a large rock on the road where a bus could strike it. It was placed on the bus trap pipes (basically a cattle guard for cars). Sure enough, moments later a bus drove over it and the rock squirted out from under the tire and hit the boy between the eyes, killing him.
                    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Why do you say that is Tragic?

Comment

I second milliman OUTA the gene pool sucker! Wifes step sister 20 something son needs to be kept out of the gene pool. but thats another story. waiting on her mother step father and step sister to come up from crackerville.
                        Glen
                        Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
                        I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
                        All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

Ah, youth...

I park my car near city hall. Walk across a playground to get there. I notice the 4 inches of foam flooring around the playground equipment, which is entirely plastic.
                          Flashback to my youth: The playground accross from my house in Jersey City was made of Asphalt, Concrete and the equipment was steel pipe and the swings were made of 5/4 lumber. Once a month or so, we'd all run over to the little building in the park to stare at some kid who "split his head open", thinking we were going to see some brains. Kid got a ride in one of those station wagon ambulances and came back next week.
                          The funny thing is, we all lived through this without any dire circumstances. I am convinced that one day I'll see a kid walking down the street completely covered in bubble wrap...
                          Don Coreleone had it right in the book "The Godfather": A lawyer with a briefcase can steal more money than a 1000 men with guns."

PS THAT LINE IS NOT IN THE MOVIE, ONLY THE BOOK; IT WAS HIS ADVICE TO A YOUNG TOM HAGEN.

Comment

Originally posted by Millman
                            Why do you say that is Tragic?
                            Because the kid was a kid?
                            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                            Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

The instructions included with my HF digital calipers warn me to be sure to wear safety glasses when using them. The next time I'm in HF I'll have to check their safety glasses. My bet is they say to wear safety glasses while using them.

My wife bought an (imported) stuffed bear for our granddaughter. I was pleased to read on the package that it was made from all genuine material. Those toys made from non-genuine material just don't last.
                              Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware - Tools for People Who Build Things
                              http://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Comment

Working...
                              X