OT-weather, seasonal depression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT-weather, seasonal depression

I grew up in the North East, and after the fall, the weather gets sucky, gloomy, depressing. Now I never really suffered depression from it but the mood was just icky.
    Now living down in South Florida this time of the year, it is amazing. Despite my injuries, I never felt better. My body is acting like its a beutiful spring day in late May. I am happy, its 7o something here, dry, just awsome. Been this way for past 2 weeks.
    It is as if my summer never ended. This is important, as I will have to decide where I want to settle down in life after school. Seattle is OUT of the question, as is the North East. Maybe I will stay in Florida.

Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Wow, its ---- its --- its - beautiful...

Comment

Ah - but we have this: http://thevirtualbarandgrill.com/ima...ensplume01.jpg

It's Mount St. Helens. The plume coming off the growing lava dome was backlit by the sunshine this am - yep - Sunshine!. Our temps have dropped to 33.5 F this morning. We had to bring in the taro plants and coffee trees last week so they don't freeze to death, but the fall colors in the back yard are very nice.

http://thevirtualbarandgrill.com/images/taroplants.jpg
        Time to make poi! The hibiscus are plastic but we had a good crop of real ones this year.

The backyard yesterday at breakfast. A hail storm had just started and 10 minutes later you couldn't see the deck for all the ice.

http://thevirtualbarandgrill.com/images/fallcolors.jpg

Last batch of coffee beans fresh from the roaster
        http://thevirtualbarandgrill.com/images/coffeebeans.jpg

It was about this time last year that 3 months of steady rain began and it was pretty depressing To make this topical - I'm trying to make a proper coffee roaster from a hot air popcorn popper and am looking for a way to make a chaff separator/catcher screen that won't catch fire and still look nice. A table top drum roaster is next.

Comment

A major storm moved through BC this weekend. Some areas have 2' of snow and we got a few inches. The temp is -10C this morning and the fall colors are long gone. Winter always sets in here by Halloween. Fortunately, I have 36,000 lumens of light in my small shop. I am considering adding some more to light up the dimmer corners...

Comment

82 degrees here in oklahoma yesterday.won't last though...supposed to get clear down into the 60's soon.

Comment

BillH
              Up yours.
              Ray (in Buffalo!)
              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
              Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

I rather like the rhythm of the seasonal changes here in the midwest (Indiana). The coming of the cold weather signals the start of the Indoor Projects Season. No more worrying about planting, mowing, trimming, weeding, raking. My shop is cozy and warm, and there's plenty to do.

Comment

Same here. Now, if I could figure out a way to not have to go outside at all in winter I would be happier.

Comment

Mid 65-70 here,low humidity,clear blue sky,nice fishing weather,think I'll go Saturday
                    I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Come on over Darin, I have a boat, wife will steer while we fish and drink beer.
                      JimB

Comment

I've lived all over; WA, NJ, FL, AL, AZ, etc. I'll take AZ thank you. I recall reading that Phoenix metro gets like 360 days of sunshine a year. Sure, it's hot for a few months, but I'll be laughing while setting in my hammock wearing a light jacket in the dead of winter while you guys slog it out with overcast skys and snow up to your... well, you get the picture...
                        Russ
                        Master Floor Sweeper

Comment

Looking foreward to the depression!

I have to have the change of seasons , if it was nice all the time id never get anything done on my mill or indoors on the house, I do some of my best work when im a little "blue" (no colloidal silver jokes please)
                          My mills in the basement and i hate it down there when its nice out, id rather be riding my bike somewhere, but i hate the cold and dont ski or anything so when the weather gets crappy I like to hunker down in the basement and fire up the china hoe ---- enco delivered today and im heading down to chuck up some of my new stuff, china tools for my china hoe, life is good.

Comment

Sure, it's hot for a few months, but I'll be laughing while setting in my hammock wearing a light jacket in the dead of winter while you guys slog it out with overcast skys and snow up to your... well, you get the picture...
                            Yeah, except when it drops to 20F and snows like it did one night when I was riding a motorcycle back to Fort Huachuca from Tuscon.

Comment

IF you can live through the summer LOUISIANA`S great the rest of the time The north part any way.
                              Every Mans Work Is A Portrait of Him Self
                              http://sites.google.com/site/machinistsite/TWO-BUDDIES
                              http://s178.photobucket.com/user/lan...?sort=3&page=1

Comment

Working...
                              X