Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help locating some reasonably priced cutters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help locating some reasonably priced cutters.

Can someone reccomend a place for me to do some shopping for some dovetail cutters and a set of r8 colletts. I'm NOT looking to go top shelf as this is a backyard operation. I'm looking for HS cutters. I have a 2002 MSC catalog but they look a little rich for my blood.

I got burned on ebay on a couple of such purchases so don't want to go there again for this kind of stuff.

(I just snapped a 1/2" brand new end mill day before yesterday on my first pass. So I'm not looking for any $100.00 bits !)

Thanks for any suggestions you can offer. (Harbor Freight don't seem to carry that stuff any more, I just looked yesterday)

ray............
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Have you tried Enco yet Ray? Their prices are hard to beat.

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRHM

Comment

Ya,ENCO has some deals,so does JTS mach and Grizzly,not top drawer material,but workable.
      I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

www.wttool.com Wholesale Tool got them on sale NOW.
        Every Mans Work Is A Portrait of Him Self
        http://sites.google.com/site/machinistsite/TWO-BUDDIES
        http://s178.photobucket.com/user/lan...?sort=3&page=1

Comment

I've always been fairly satisfied with the Travers www.travers.com "quality import" cutters. Lately I've become more particular and gone to getting Niagara end mills, but the TTC import stuff will do.
          ----------
          Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
          Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
          Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
          There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
          Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
          Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie

Comment

I would stay away from DECO tool supply, they send a catalog and then don't have what they say.

Just a personal experience your results may vary....

Comment

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, including not where to go !!

Joel, is Enco the place that has the magic number that changes every month? I think it's supposed to give you a discount or free shipping or something like that. I used to see it listed here every now and then but can't remember if it was an Enco code or not.

ray............
              Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Yep. The free shipping/discount code I have just expired. Maybe someone else has the new one already?

Comment

Hey Dog.....

Yeah, ENCO has a "magic #" ---free shipping on $50 of more orders (the current one is WBNRCT6, --running out soon)

Get on all the web sites, ENCO ,WT, Travers, any you can find and sign up for their sales flyers/catalogs and get them coming to your mail box, they all have some really good stuff from time to time. As lane pointed out, WTs current flyer has end mills at almost give-away prices. I just got 8-10 of the 3/4-1" mills at $2.50 each, and they look well worth that to me!!
                  If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something........

Comment

The new shipping code is:

Kick off your Holiday Season with Free UPS Shipping* on Web orders over $50 through December 31, 2006. Just enter promotional code NWBN6 in the promo code box on the shopping cart page and click the "Apply" button ...it's fast, easy and secure when you order from use-enco.com.

Comment

Thanks Joel,
                      this site never ceases to amaze me! Just ask and you shall receive!

Plan to order my cutters tomorrow from Enco and if you don't hear from me for a few days that means I busted them all and I'm wailing out in the shop. I did figure out what I did wrong to break the brand new 5/8's 2 flute cutter the other day. I was on the wrong side of the work so I was clime milling I think is the term for it. Not to mention a little too deep, okay, maybe a lot too deep! Pa was Scotch so you can bet after sinking $200.00 into some cutters I'm gonna go real easy on them !!

Thanks for everything everybody!

ray............

Comment

Originally posted by Your Old Dog
                        I did figure out what I did wrong to break the brand new 5/8's 2 flute cutter the other day.
                        ray............
                        That's not breakin an endmill,that's a flaming trainwreck

Don't feel bad though,I knew a guy who managed to break off a 1-1/4" drill bit in a piece of 1/4" aluminum
                        I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

The milling cutters ENCO has are hard to beat for the money. The screwless vices, angles, and parallels ENCO has are also excellent. Another thing with ENCO, if you don't like it you can return it.
                          Jim
                          So much to learn, so little time

Comment

Got a $200.00 order in, now the wait !

Comment

Working...
                            X