Plans for Horse-buggy??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plans for Horse-buggy??

Remember I work with what I know.. anybody got any "DOC" buggy plans?

Cnc tube bender, industrial sewing machine for the top.. THE rest I need wheelbase and appearance measurements.

HOW about harness plans?
    Excuse me, I farted.

David,no offense,but you would make a funny looking Amish

Somewhere I have a book with a set of plans for a Case buggy,I'll see if I can locate it.
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

This is for a good friend. Dolly Parton's representive bought one of his buggies, it had some kind of number on the seat and tongue. (that may be "hokie" to get me to build a buggy) I'd kinda like a challenge. I am sketching up something easy to do.

I was in the "tattoo bus" In Ohio or Indiana, A amish buggy pulled up on each side of the bus, YOU could see the long bearded man with ANGRY eyes looking at me on each side, THE bus is black and orange, At that time it had a semi-nude and a Wizard air brushed on the side. I was thinking, CLIP CLOP, bang bang.. the amish drive by..

We had a lot of fun that trip, My old partner Wheelchair Dave, he could not tattoo worth spit, but he was a lot of fun. He had to earn a living somehow. He passed away a few years ago.
      Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Now that you have me convinced this project ain't for putting your poor pup on the mantle of whatever............ I'll keep my eye out for some plans for you. I wanted to make something like that so my wife could pull me around the house while my ankle is mending !

YOD

ps, by the way, if you ain't thrown that poor pup a bone it might be a good idea to do that every week or two
        Last edited by Your Old Dog; 11-07-2006, 10:16 AM.
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

If I come up with a happy plan, I can all the bending here. NOW the sewing, I can do parts. Plan is to make it LIGHT and strong, have one wheel driving a altenator. I have a frame drawed up, not the wheelbase dimensions thou.. It all needs to look right. Like a 1904 olds or A doctors buggy with the fold up roof??

Tongue will come on and off, it needs to fit in a small truck bed.

Total materiels Construction costs are figured to be less than $500 total. Of course altenator figured into that..

I really like sewing that sunbrella fabric, it is for outdoor chairs, awnings, I made some black windowshades to collect sun-heat for the east side of the house. I slow the inverter down on the sewing machine to 400rpm and have enough time to gather and steer. I am becoming a pretty good seamstress.
          Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

David this is the sight for all your buggy needs. http://www.astragalpress.com/
            They have any number of books they have reprinted with plans ect. Working drawings of horse-drawn vechicles by the Carraige Museum of America , ISBN 1-880499-06-1 Manuual of falling bow tops for horse-drawn vehicles ISBN 1-880499-12-6 Gren Susan. You may be dismayed when you see what a real doctors buggy looked like not the Moive/TV version
            http://www.carriagemuseumlibrary.org/doctor_buggy.htm I will have to find the harness sheets for the diferring rigs.

My experence with wagons and rebuilind are limited to pop corn, circus heavy duty, and parade wagons for the circus. This is the last one I restored for the Circus Hall of Fame in Peru Ind. It is the 1932 Ringling Brothers cinderella coach used in the spec also was used in babes in toyland and a number of other movies. It is made from 2"dia EMTBody is rebar covered in some of the original type acetone activated figerglass covering. I have had to re-enforce the frame 3 different times due to high speed use in parades and hitting bumps. 8 pounds of gold glitter1/4" and 2 of the green glitter its been 5/6 years since it was here and I'm stil finding glitter in place i wouldn't have thought I would find it LOL.

I highly recommend all of there books I have a number of them in different subjects and the are great.
            Glen
            Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
            I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
            All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

Here is the single driving harness type with list of items. sorry I can't find the old catalog with the white horse and dark harness. Guess they figure if you are wanting harness parts you know what they are.
              Glen
              Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
              I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
              All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

Thanks PT..

YOD, You need a rickshaw.. it would take me about a hour if ya was here. ONE loop ONE piece of pipe, weld ya a seat on there.. WHOO HOO.. Sounds like fun don't it? Perhaps I can build one for the local fair? Put on a coolie hat? I am still a pretty good beast of burden. Let all the dragon tattoos show. Cover my my bucket head with a scarf under the coolie hat?.

(what the heck ya been feeding that oriental they would say?)

OR maybe have Lex pull it.. He is better than 2 feet tall today. He ate his can of alpo, two cups of Alpo dry, most my bacon, part of my cheese grits, Part of my two eggs, and he is looking at the cats food. He gets fed at night too.
                Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

David,

Here's a book that may be of some help on carriage building...They have other books on the subject as well.

http://www.centaurforge.com/prodinfo.asp?number=BK994

They slso have some books on harness making. Maybe you can get a catalog from them. They have lots of "stuff" for wheels, replacement parts for buggy's etc.

Main page:

http://www.centaurforge.com/

Comment

David is no Amish that was a typo he is a Giant Scotsman called Hamish
                    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

THIS Is the one that has caught my eye.

I got my eyeball on the 19?? cowl on the wall for a front end. Brakes, probably motorcycle wheels if I can find two more to match.

I will try to scale it around the wheels I have.. then check to make sure a man like me can fit into it.. (I built this gocart once, made me so mad I could not try it out)
                      Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Working...
                      X