Practical Machinist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practical Machinist

Anybody else having trouble with accessing PM? I've had problems off and on all day.
    Dave

Several domain servers are in the process of being changed out this week could be your problem. Do you get any sort of error message or do you just time out?

Comment

Nope, DNS is fine... PM is not. But what else is new?
      Todd

Comment

Yes, I've been having problems with the PM site. Sometimes very slow, other times not at all. That is the only site I've been having problems with, so it is definitely not my computer or my connection.

Comment

Shi tty site, I have a question I asked and no one has been able to answer it. I wish the owner would get the problems taken care of.

Comment

Maybe Don took his toys home

Comment

Well, Mochinist, I can't get over there right now to see what you asked over on PM.
              But just as here on HSM, there are some smart people there. And I'm willing to bet that if you asked a sensible question in an intelligible manner about machine shop work, that someone would have responded with a proper answer.
              But there does seem to be a problem with site access that is a PITA.
              Dave

Comment

Originally posted by dirty old man
                Well, Mochinist, I can't get over there right now to see what you asked over on PM.
                But just as here on HSM, there are some smart people there. And I'm willing to bet that if you asked a sensible question in an intelligible manner about machine shop work, that someone would have responded with a proper answer.
                But there does seem to be a problem with site access that is a PITA.
                Dave
                Honestly I like this site better, even though practical machinist is supposed to cater more to a professional machinist which I am(half assed anyways). The question involved Garolite G7, I have used plenty of G10 before, but never G7 and I was curious about the tooling I would need, since it says it requires diamond tipped tooling. I didn't really think that was a question for a home shop site, and I didn't want to get answers that somebody googled.

Comment

Well' I suppose I could call myself an ex-professional, as I earned my living at it for almost 40 years before I semi-retired.
                  But I've never worked with either of the alloys you speak of, and my policy is that if I dunno, I don't comment.
                  Is this a die steel. or what?
                  Dave

Comment

Diamond tip? Can I use that on my South Bend 9"?

Comment

Well, here it is 22:00 EST and I'm just now finding out PM is down....was at an auction all day, and driving afterwards till now. Investigation is under way with web server techs now to find the trouble.

Comment

I get "connection was refused" from the PM site this evening......

dunno

Maybe Don has server trouble.

Keep eye on ball.
                        Hashim Khan

Comment

Originally posted by dirty old man
                          Well' I suppose I could call myself an ex-professional, as I earned my living at it for almost 40 years before I semi-retired.
                          But I've never worked with either of the alloys you speak of, and my policy is that if I dunno, I don't comment.
                          Is this a die steel. or what?
                          Dave
                          It's not a metal, most circuit boards are made out of garolite G10, it is a laminate, basically a fiberglass compostie. Nasty stuff to breath and cut.

Comment

Originally posted by mochinist
                            It's not a metal, most circuit boards are made out of garolite G10, it is a laminate, basically a fiberglass compostie.
                            I don't know if this helps, but at work we drill thousands of holes in our PCB's with carbide drills on a high-speed air spindle.
                            "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Originally posted by D. Thomas
                              Well, here it is 22:00 EST and I'm just now finding out PM is down...
                              Don, it was up as recently as 7 PM Central (I posted there), so I don't think it's been down for long...

I'm getting a 404 error.
                              "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Working...
                              X