No announcement yet.

OT, Maybe Evan has seen something......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT, Maybe Evan has seen something......

See for yourself http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770
    Vic

Using the same logic, there must be unicorns out there.

Comment

I seem to remember a Canadian, Paul Hellyer, "come out" on UFO's about a year ago. Maybe he got pushed back into the closet???

Comment

If you consider how huge the universe is and how many stars and believed to be planetary systems around each of those stars, I believe it to be a certainty that there IS life out there in some forms. I would not be surprised one bit if there was huge civilizations that are now long dead. IF any of them are humanoids the only way that could be is that we share some of their DNA, which would tell you something about how we came to be.
        Bigfoot is another mystery. I've said this before on this forum, I've seen big foot. Either it was a hallucination or it was real, or a 7 to 8ft tall human in an ape suite walking with a wide gate 3am in the morning in my uncles back yard 60 yards out in Renton, Washington for no apparent reason. I so wish I had a video camera so I could prove to myself I was not dreaming. I don't really care about others believing me.
        There is stuff out there that science can't explain(yet) and thank god, life would be boring if we knew everything.
        As far as Aliens attacking us. I would think that if they could reach us, they would be so advanced that their main interests would be studying us rather than declaring war on us.

Comment

I like one of the reader comments on that article:

They arrived with their leader Tony Blair in 1996. From the Planet Corruptus.
          Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

If there is intelligent life out there,it wouldn't want anything to do with a species that can't even merge onto the interstate properly.
            I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

The idea that aliens from another star system are visiting us has one very big problem attached.

How did they get here? We can ignore questions such as why since the how is the really big one. There are only a couple of options. Either they travel faster than light or they go slower regardless of the means.

If it is slower then they are most certainly using technology that we can at least conceive of and probably understand. Slower implies another couple of things. Either it is much slower and they are incredibly long lived with life spans of millennia or they for some reason are willing to give up their lives on a trip that takes the individual nowhere so that the decendants will eventually arrive. One must consider the reasons for doing this and lurking about never really showing themselves isn't a very likely explanation. Also, the energies required to make such a journey would be very obvious to us.

If the trip is slower than light but very close to light velocity then long life spans are not a requirement. However, the use and expenditure of truly prodigious amounts of energy are. We haven't noticed anything like that.

The other option is faster than light. We have no notion of how that might be done and all evidence indicates it cannot be done. We have a lot of such evidence. While we surely don't know everything about physics we do know a lot now. There are still unanswered questions.

In order to presume that visiting aliens are able to travel faster than light they then must use physical principles that exist in this universe that we have absolutely no evidence for. This seems very unlikely considering our current level of knowledge. If faster than light travel is possible it means that virtually all we think we know about physics is wrong. Again, this is highly unlikely as what we think we know does a pretty good job of explaining much of what we observe.

So, the two possibilities for traveling here boil down to using propulsion systems that are impossible to hide or using propulsion system that are impossible to exist without invalidating the foundations of our science.

Postulating other mechanisms for travel such as somehow "slipping through dimensions" and other such nonsense are purely science fiction with no basis in reality at all. They are deus ex machina explanations that explain nothing.

Comment

Quote Evan;

"In order to presume that visiting aliens are able to travel faster than light they then must use physical principles that exist in this universe that we have absolutely no evidence for. This seems very unlikely considering our current level of knowledge. If faster than light travel is possible it means that virtually all we think we know about physics is wrong. Again, this is highly unlikely as what we think we know does a pretty good job of explaining much of what we observe."

In the year 1491, it was presumed the world was flat.

We have been wrong about physics before.

Quote Evan;

"They arrived with their leader Tony Blair in 1996. From the Planet Corruptus."

I have heard theorys that Ms. H Clinton may be an alien as well.

I have no personal knowlege of either situation.

Kap

Comment

Bigfoot /Aliens?

As for bigfoot I recommend a .300 win mag go for a knee shot. And for the aliens word on the street is they came from your anus oops i mean Uranus???

Comment

n the year 1491, it was presumed the world was flat.
                    Only by the uninformed general population. The scientists knew it was a globe as long as over 2000 years ago and even measured the size. Science discovers the rules that govern the universe. We have discovered many of them. We must presume that they apply everywhere and to everything. All evidence supports this. Any other presumption is to presume that magic governs the unverse and that no rules apply. In that case the pursuit of knowledge is futile.

While scientists have obviously been wrong before and will be wrong again that isn't the same as throwing out all that we think we know.

Comment

Evan, I hope there is a way, and if there is, we won't discover it in our life time. Science can not explain everything yet, nor will it ever as there is no cap as to what one can discover.
                      Yes Even, there is stuff out there that you do not know about nor does google.

Comment

Google knows nothing.

People however, do.

What is it that you hope for a way to do?

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
                          Only by the uninformed general population. The scientists knew it was a globe as long as over 2000 years ago and even measured the size..
                          The orig. quote is missing about the 1491 flat earth.

Yes. This missunderstanding of the level of knowledgs of the 15th century is
                          disturbing in the way it seems to keep apearing today. :-(

Now for a levity break:
                          From the link at the start of this thread:

And he complains that the project he once ran is now "virtually closed" down, leaving the country "wide open" to aliens.
                          I suggest most of them are from the "Mid East"
                          ...lew...

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
                            Google knows nothing.

People however, do.

What is it that you hope for a way to do?
                            Evan, simple answer, make Star Trek reality, except for the communist no money idea and no personal material wealth. Actually Star Wars, I want a light saber, and to choke liberals remotely. Hmm think its time for another Percocet.

Comment

A light saber is a possibility. I can think of a way to make a laser beam stop at a fixed distance in air with no device needed to block the beam. The only catch is the power supply.

How about Star Trek? There is now a way to make a functional stun gun that can also be set to kill. No wires, just an invisible pair of beams of coherent extreme ultraviolet light that ionize the air providing a conductive channel to the victim by which high voltage may be transmitted. It's a taser with no wires. It can also be used to produce invisible "bars" on a prison cell.

As for remotely choking liberals, just send them free vouchers for MacDonalds coffee.

Comment

Working...
                              X