DeltaCad - anyone familiar with it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeltaCad - anyone familiar with it?

I've been fooling around with a cheap cad program I got at Office Depot for something like $29.00 a few years ago. It's Version 3.01. They are now up to version 6 I believe. Anyone know if it's much better than what I got?

I think it would simplify the kind of things I would like to do If I could draw on the computer and then demension on the screen. Fabrication would be simpler if Ihad a road map as opposed to working off the top of my head.

Can anyone tell me, if DeltaCad is learned reasonably well that one could then jump over to a high priced cad program? Do they all pretty much operate the same or are they all radically differant?

I have a copy of AutoCad 2002 but it's seems really hard to use.

(I don't need 3 dimension if it makes it much harder to do)
    Last edited by Your Old Dog; 11-10-2006, 06:54 AM.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

never mind! Got Delta Cad figured out and it does what I want.
    Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Solidedge is offering a free download of their 2d cad system, supposedly it is a $995 value. I downloaded it but haven't loaded it or played with it yet. www.solidedge.com/free2d.
      You have to enter in some info like email address to get the key, they want other info too but no one says you have to be truthful about it. Also someone on the PM site mentioned it not working with Windows 2000, so don't get your hopes up if you are using one of the older OS.
      Read more here
      http://www.practicalmachinist.com/ub...ic/27/345.html

Comment

for 2d stuff I like turbocad even though I find its flaws to be very annoying, atleast NOT AS ANNOYING as the Autocad and autocad clones asking for keyboard prompts all the freaking time!
        Strange, since I went towards solid modeling in 3d, I find 2d stuff to be used VERY little.

Comment

Originally posted by Your Old Dog
          never mind! Got Delta Cad figured out and it does what I want.
          Bloody hell 3 -1/2 hours post to post,to learn it, that's not a bad learning curve

I've been married 25,648,765 years and I'm still learning.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Delta Cad

I have been using Delta Cad for a number of years and find it does an excellent job if you are satisfied with 2D. I tried Turbocad but the learning curve was too long and I don't use it enough to remember how to do things.
            One of the things I really like in Delta Cad is the ability to move selected items one pixel at a time. Also the ability to export drawings into Microsoft Word as a BMP file is very useful. I have version 5.0. didn't know there was a version 6, I think I'll check their web site and see if it is worth buying.

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson
              Bloody hell 3 -1/2 hours post to post,to learn it, that's not a bad learning curve

I've been married 25,648,765 years and I'm still learning.
              Yea Little John of Nottingham I'm a virtual gene yass! Actually I have spent many hours with it over the past 2 or 3 years getting nowhere with it. Then today something mush have clicked cause I've been able to do some pretty neat drawings of the projects I want to make. I tried Autocad some years ago and got no where with it. If you're interested to see my progress I'll post some of my drawings done in Deltacad.

Comment

I bought DeltaCad about 3-4 years ago, I like it. If I can figure it out anyone can.

Comment

Working...
                X