Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebay anyone seen this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/METAL-LATHE-TR...QQcmdZViewItem

I wrote to ask without reply is this a metal working lathe dvd or metal spinning dvd looks like metal spinning pity he won't answer ?Alistair
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Judging by the photo's it's metal spinning.
    If he can't be bothered to answer,take your money somewhere else.
    There are plenty of good machining books about.
    I also seem to remember something about machining cd's,but they were related to the mini-lathes.(Rodriguez?)
    Maybe some of the US fellows can remember them.
    Hans

Comment

Alistair, I have a set of these CDs. The guy has a British accent, but he lives around the Philadelphia, USA. These CDs are one of the best educational products I have run into.They are very well done, and you can really learn something out of them. It is amazing what you can make at home, using his techniques.
      I am surprised that he is peddling it in the UK, he was getting married recently and maybe she relocated him.

P.S. I looked and he seems still to be in the USA. His web site is: http://www.metalspinningworkshop.com/, his e-mail is: [email protected], and his address is:T Tynan 303 west Oak Street Norristown PA 19401

If you log in he list what is on the individual CDs. I am sort of surprised by the very low UK price, but that is where the biding starts.

Take care. Vic
      Last edited by smagovic; 11-13-2006, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Thanks the problem is I have the rodrigeous one and its 4 hours long.And very good as you say, but some of the rodrigeous cd's dvd's or whatever are being sold with different labels on them and I dont want 2 of the same I will look up his site thanks guys for your kind help regards Alistair

Comment

Here in the States we have a rental company called Smartflix. I have seen the metal spinning videos offered but did not have the interest to buy. I just rented the first one based on the above recommendations and will see if it will be useful. Great way to go if you have this kind of a service on your side of the pond best regards Fred

Comment

Alistaire,
            A freind loaned me these dvd's. They are pretty good.If you think you may ever have the need or desire to do any metal spinning I think these would serve you well.
            Mike

Comment

Thanks guys I put a bid on the metal spinning dvd 2 discs at 120 mins per disc pretty good and cheap too standing now at آ£6 plus del Alistair ps if they are much cheaper this side of the pond I could buy a few and send them to you if you want I think their $70 dollars per disc in the USA.Alistair

Comment

Metal spinning?

Every time iv ever heard the term metal spinning i assumed they were talking about one and the same with metal working, can somebody tell me the diff.?

is spinning more for art/ornamental work?

Comment

A.K. just log on the site I provided above and you can see for yourself what it is. It is making shapes such as shades, lamps and other items from sheet Al, Cu, Brass and etc., by spining and pushing on those materials in a certain fashion against a spinning form. It can be used to make a cup, urn or to make anything ornamental. It depends only on your skills what you can make. Vic
                  Last edited by smagovic; 11-13-2006, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alistair Hosie
                    Thanks the problem is I have the rodrigeous one and its 4 hours long.And very good as you say, but some of the rodrigeous cd's dvd's or whatever are being sold with different labels on them and I dont want 2 of the same I will look up his site thanks guys for your kind help regards Alistair
                    Alistair, this is not Rodrigues DVD, this is by Tynan. I have not seen Rodrigues, so I cannot tell you if it is good. But, these two DVDs by Tynan are very good. Take care. Good luck, hopefully you get them cheap.
                    They are about $38 each on this side of a pond, e.g. about $72 for BOTH. The price you are looking at is the staring bid price, it can get higher. But, many people just do not know what it is about, and there is no limit as to how many he can make available for sale. So the price, in my opinion, should stay relatively low. Vic
                    Last edited by smagovic; 11-13-2006, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Vic I have the rodrigous and its good but as said I have seen another one with a different logo on the dvd to mine and it is also rodrigous so I was concerned it too was a copy of his but now I know I have bid thanks Vic Alistair

Comment

Alistair, you are welcome. Have you done any of this stuff? I think it is a fun stuff once you get a hang of it, and put together a set of tools this. British guy has a nice shop with a lot of stuff in it. It is obvious that he knows what he is doing. And, his DVDs are made very professionally. I got another DVD from Jim Riser, and that one is a junk compare to the one you bid on today. I have to look at that Rodrigues DVD. I mean I am not going to go Pro on this, it is just a retirement fun. Let me know if you get it and if you liked it. Take care. Vic

Comment

Will do laddie Alistair

Comment

As of 9:50a CST the ebay posting has been deleted.
                            Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Alistair Hosie
                              http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/METAL-LATHE-TR...QQcmdZViewItem

I wrote to ask without reply is this a metal working lathe dvd or metal spinning dvd looks like metal spinning pity he won't answer ?Alistair
                              It's been canceled.

Comment

Working...
                              X