I need some help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some help!!!

Hi all, I'm in need of some help. I'm in a wheel chair and I do alot of hunting, I have to use the mount shown in the photo my problem is the plastic pully that turns the unit ( circled in red ) breaks real easy I'd like to have a few made out of metal so it don't break. Does anyone know who I could send one of my pulleys to to have a few made? Thanks.

Necessity is indeed the mother of invention, i dont know why but that thing scares me, perhaps its the idea that it could be mounted somewhere with a camera and someone could pop somebody half way across the country while sitting in a coffee shop using thier laptop, Their are some custom on line machine shops that im sure some of these gents know about -- You just send them that piece and they will make a new one for you but be prepared for some wallet lightening

Comment

If you do a google for cogged tooth pulleys and belts there are manufacturers that make those in many sizes. You may have to modify the bore, etc. to make it work but you should be able to get the sizes the keep the same ratio. It would be cheaper to buy the stock item rather than having a custom made pulley. You may have to buy both pulleys because they may not match the cogged belt you have now.
      It's only ink and paper

Comment

Try Stock Drive Components,I've got a couple of their catalogs in both inch and metric and I'd be very surprised if they can't help you.Good hunting.
        Their website thingy....http://www.sdp-si.com/index.asp
        Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
        Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Looks like 14 tooth and .2 pitch. I have quite a selection of metal cog belt pulleys at home. I'll have a look this evening when I get home and let you know if I have a suitable replacement. It may not be until tomorrow as my internet at home has been acting up. It would be helpful if you could post the shaft size and the OD across teeth of the pulley. I'm guessing that it is a .25 shaft but could be metric. If you can please post the distance between centers of ten teeth on the belt.
          Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

If you can please post the distance between centers of ten teeth on the belt.

What do you mean?

Comment

Count 10 links on the belt that drives the whole thing and measure the distance between the center of #1 and the center of #10. That way Evan will know what the pitch of the belt/pulley is.
              RPease

Comment

Measure distance "A" please.

Comment

He means turn the belt inside out and measure from the front edge of one tooth counting to the tenth tooth and measure the leading edge of that tooth. So from the leading edge of tooth one to the leading edge of the 10th tooth is how far in inches and thousands?
                  It's only ink and paper

Comment

If Evan does not have one, then maybe modify the current pulley? I am assuming the inner hub is splitting. How about machining a simple steel ring to slip over the inner plastic hub?
                    Last edited by JPR; 11-13-2006, 02:07 PM.
                    John

Comment

I hope this is what yall meant. Theres one of the shaft too.
                      Last edited by dgh43; 11-13-2006, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Please measure over 10 teeth from the same point on the first tooth to the same point on the tenth tooth.

The calipers need to be completely closed on the shaft for an accurate measurement.

Comment

No need Evan, the size is on the belt 90 XL

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

dgh34 , I think that I have one that will fit if Evan doesn't.

What kind of hunting do you do?

George
                            To invent, you need a good imagination - and a pile of junk. Thomas A. Edison

Comment

I hunt deer and squirrel mostly they stand still the longest . But I really enjoy punching holes in paper.

Comment

Working...
                              X