Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIT Milling basics lecture Online

Hey guys,

Any beginners out there looking for info on milling should check out this MIT website!

http://www.me.mit.edu/Lectures/Machi...l/intro.html#8

There are instructions with videos (I couldn't get the sound up though) on running a milling machine. They pretty much cover the basics very nicely (Based on a Bridgeport, but the concepts generally apply). Even if you’re not a beginner I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised that something like this is out there.

Cheers,
    Ed
    Ed Pacenka

The site belongs to one of the regulasr guys here ..its very good.

have you seen this one

some great long videos there .

http://www.eng.hmc.edu/E8/index.htm

and be quick ... some nice looking wenches running machines here ...

http://www.hmc.edu/muddvision/machineshop.html

All the best.mark
    Last edited by aboard_epsilon; 11-13-2006, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Great sources! Thanks.

Comment

For some reason Friday afternoon PST is the best time to see some shop action on the MuddCam.
        Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

OOOH theres a Machining girl in the shop! Yay...

Comment

I think that's the same cutie that was in the shop last fall. She seems to spend a lot of time in the shop. I wonder what name she goes by on this forum?

Comment

Very nice looking little blond running a lathe, why is it a half day ahead in time? isnt it in cali.? it should be an hour behind me and its tomorrow there by a good 6 hours... Least thats what the date on the web cam says... cool shop.

Comment

It's in California. That UCT on the clock. What up with these women? It's getting late. Even I don't work in the shop this late.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
                  It's in California. That UCT on the clock. What up with these women? It's getting late. Even I don't work in the shop this late.
                  Could be she's lonely? Slicking back hair,testing breath.......ahhhhhh minty fresh
                  I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Calm down lads, she's probably building a set of hydraulic testicle crushers.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Working...
                    X