This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The trigger mechanism I use.

This is the mechanism I use to fire my guns, I thought yall might like to see it. Its a solenoid powerd by a 12v battery made by Blackberry.

If you don't mind me asking I am curious as to how much mobility you have.

A good friend of my father when I was young was paraplegic from polio. It didn't slow him down and he refused to use a chair, not an option for everyone. He had leg braces and hand crutches that he used to get around. He also had a good sized coastal cruiser, a sports car with hand controls and basically did anything that a full abled person could do, except maybe running the 100 yard dash.

I did a few custom mods on a chair for a friend some years ago to replace the crap bearings they used. I am well aquainted with disability although mine is largely hidden. I have long standing fibromyalgia and one thing that results from that is extreme exercise intolerance as my muscles don't process the energy chemicals properly. I have good strength but only for a few seconds at a time. There are some mornings when I could use a chair and if I had to get out of the house in a hurry because of a fire just after stumbling out of bed I would probably just sit and toast instead. At least it would be warm.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

I'm a C5 quad paralyzed from the chest down. I have real good moblity in my arms just not able to grip anything.

Comment

That beats no mobility. I sent the pulley off airmail a few minutes ago. I marked it for customs as a wheelchair gear with no value. I didn't think it would be a good idea to declare it as part of a remote rifle aiming device.

Comment

I didn't think it would be a good idea to declare it as part of a remote rifle aiming device.
          LOL I think that would've been an interesting conversation. Thanks again.

Comment

That is neat. I would love to see a photo of it mounted on the gun. I do some volunteer work for the Tetra Society and you never know when something like that may come in handy.
            To invent, you need a good imagination - and a pile of junk. Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Tetra Society.....

Hey George;
              Firstly, welcome back. I'm still playing with your Horiz. mill ideas....
              Congratulations, another Tetra member on here.....I sent dgh43 a note regarding soliciting help thru Tetra on his other thread on here.
              Evan;
              Thanks for the simple & logical solution to dgh43's problem. It seemed like the obvious thing to do once I realized you must have lots of timing belts & pulleys around, given your experience with cnc drives etc.
              See, there usually is a simple way.
              Rick

Comment

I don't think that this is appropriate for this website.

It should be fair game to talk about all of these things, but it isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by SJorgensen
                  I don't think that this is appropriate for this website.

It should be fair game to talk about all of these things, but it isn't.
                  I hope that this won't start an arguement but may I ask why you feel this way?
                  To invent, you need a good imagination - and a pile of junk. Thomas A. Edison

Comment

What's the problem Spence? There are unlimited possibilities for a home shop machinist to help out in making life better for somebody with mobility impairment. It is a very appropriate topic as it touches directly on something that the members of this board are uniquely equipped to contibute to, if they are inclined.

There are few people that have both the ability and the equipment to make custom one off designs that must be tailored to each individual that needs mechanical assistance of some sort. We as a group are both experienced and have the needed skills and machines to do just that.

Why do you think I have designed and built such things as the power cross feed for my lathe? Why do you think that I am just now completing a CNC mill? It's because I can't crank the handles on the equipment for very long before my hands give up. I couldn't do most of the things I do without power tools. They extend my physical capabilities and allow me to do things I could not do otherwise.
                    Last edited by Evan; 11-15-2006, 10:03 AM.

Comment

I would vote for another subject line for special one off parts for people who need these special parts/ adapters. I have built bumpers for three different motor driven chairs. The chairs are very costly and have sharp corners that really do a job on walls and door frames.
                      anyway I help for free when I can
                      re
                      Herm Williams

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
                        What's the problem Spence? There are unlimited possibilities for a home shop machinist to help out in making life better for somebody with mobility impairment. It is a very appropriate topic as it touches directly on something that the members of this board are uniquely equipped to contibute to, if they are inclined.

There are few people that have both the ability and the equipment to make custom one off designs that must be tailored to each individual that needs mechanical assistance of some sort. We as a group are both experienced and have the needed skills and machines to do just that.

Why do you think I have designed and built such things as the power cross feed for my lathe? Why do you think that I am just now completing a CNC mill? It's because I can't crank the handles on the equipment for very long before my hands give up. I couldn't do most of the things I do without power tools. They extend my physical capabilities and allow me to do things I could not do otherwise.
                        Well said I agree 100%
                        Wow... where did the time go. I could of swore I was only out there for an hour.

Comment

What the problem

I to would like to know why some feel this is a problem?

Comment

seems to be more on-topic then debating as to who caused 9/11 ..dunno...maybe there was something for sale too that i missed

"Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment" R.M.Brown

My shop tour www.plastikosmd.com

Comment

This one is mounted on my deer rifle. (243win) I have 3 trigger mechanism. My next project will be to make a trigger mount for a handgun.

That is neat. I would love to see a photo of it mounted on the gun.
                              Here is the right side

Left side. Theres a rod that goes through the trigger guard and is mounted on a swivel.

Upside down.

Comment

Working...
                              X