Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have I been ripped of on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...6676&rd=1&rd=1

Hi I sent off money for a milling dvd whan it arrived it was not of this guy nor this bridgeport mill but of roudy kophout with a very small toy mill which I already have. See clearly in the ad this is surely false advertising I have complained but what do you guys think?? This must be wrong surely? I already have roudies dvd which you can get for free on the net I have been ripped off by the looks of things Alistair comments please
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

If you recieved the DVD, I don't think you were ripped-off. It says nothing of Bridgeport.

Here's what the ad says:

Milling Machine Instructional DVD

This DVD IS aimed at beginners to the metalworking mill, its a comprehensive course useful to all levels of skill up to intermediate. Its Ideal for all budding modelmakers, metalworkers and craftsmen, it details step by step training you will require to become a successful miller. Including a wide range of techniques from settting up the mill, tooling, machining and measuring.

Region 2 format. PAL.

Please note: These new DVDs have been digitally remastered from the original VHS, to give extended life and ease of use. They are of extremely high quality, but slightly less so than that of modern DVD's.

Comment

I think you got snookered... The seller is no longer a registered member of ebay.

I got snagged last month almost to the day... sent payment and then nothing. Seller had 100%+ when I paid now has 6 neg's for not following thru. Waiting for PP to refund money or hell to freeze over I think it'll be to close to call. Ebay still has not yanked this jerk.
      Wow... where did the time go. I could of swore I was only out there for an hour.

Comment

C W my argument is if you look at the picture there is a man not roudy kouphout and a bridgeport this is surely false advertising allowing the purchaser to believe he is receiving a dvd of this man using a bridgeport why use this photo then and not roudy ? you wouldn't be pleased to buy a musical dvd showing your favourite band say the rolling stones and get the beatles on the dvd Alistair

Comment

The picture on the ebay listing was from this set of videos.

http://www.machineshopcourse.com/.

I rented the set on the mill from smartflix awhile ago. They seem pretty good for a novice like me.

Comment

It is called "bait n switch" and yes you were ripped off.

Comment

he wrote to me said if he can get back on ebay which he has guaranteed for next week he will make a refund yeh right Alistair

Comment

Snicker , snicker,Yea right is right.You got off cheap though,sorry.

Comment

Why would he need to be on E-Bay to give you a refund?
                  Tell him to cough it up now.

Comment

Sweet babby jeesus Alistair i hope you made him use lubrication,,,

I wouldnt be teasing you if it was a high dollar item

Comment

I'm wary of these DVD's.
                      As many know I'm interested in gear cutting and bought the Jose Rodregius one on gear hobbing.
                      They are not cheap here in the UK, about £35 UPK or about $50.00

Well this thing was a total rip off, first off it had been copied from a Video onto DVD and the quality was absolute sh ite.
                      No close up of a gear or cutter was in focus so you couldn't see how good the cut was, you couldn't even see if it had a decent involute profile.

To add insult to injury all the way thru the DVD he was quoting and using the wrong value for Pi.
                      The hobs he was making were base on tpi but gears work on Diametrical Pitch, a point he chose to omit.

The machine used for the demonstration was a home made affair based on a Sherline or similar machine made from high tensile licorice and balsa wood.

His technique for hobbing as regards setting over to the helix angle was also incorrect and wouldn't cut a true involute.

All in all it was a dead loss and not worth the plastic it was written on.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

"...a home made affair based on a Sherline or similar machine made from high tensile licorice and balsa wood.
                        ROFLMAO

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson
                          The machine used for the demonstration was a home made affair based on a Sherline or similar machine made from high tensile licorice and balsa wood.

ROFLAMO! But how does high tensile licorice stack up to load bearing toilet paper?
                          I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

The post on the metal spinning video explains what this guy is up to. He is bootlegging videos and selling them on eBay. The originator of the metal spinning video has had him NARU'ed, which he should.

If the Rudy videos are available for free on the internet, those sources should be reported as they are also bootlegs of copyrited material.
                            Jim H.

Comment

Have I been ripped off?

So where did we get to?

'Revenge is mine. saith the Lord' or 'To all who sin comes Nemesis'

So, me old cock sparrer, you do the whole set of information to the Inland Revenue so that they can investigate his unpaid tax situation.

Back duty, fines and treble the tax due.

That should keep his fingers out of his perineum for a while!!!!!!!!!!!!

( Far more more fun than bellyaching to this Forum who can do -the square root of bugger all to help)

Cheers, old mate

Norm

Comment

Working...
                              X