Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So this is how you run a car on Water...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So this is how you run a car on Water...

http://www.eagle-research.com/index.html its about Browns Gas

I discovered this link on a search for the feasibility of using refrigerant to power a heat engine....

But the above link explains somewhat that news story on YouTube about the guy "inventing" a car that runs on hydrogen separated from water.

Ok engineers what do you think??
    Retired - Journeyman Refrigeration Pipefitter - Master Electrician - Fine Line Automation CNC 4x4 Router

Bunk.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

From the site:
      "We don't patent our inventions". Probably a reason for that...
      Thanks,

Comment

Odd - his location in Oroville, WA is just a couple blocks from my second home. I've never seen his place, not that I was looking. But being on Main street one has to drive right by it to come or go. The world's best table wines are sold right there, too. Oroville is a *really* small town. How can one miss a research lab of this importance? Oroville is also a poor town so you'd think everyone there would be steaming here and there, running on lake water. There's enough water in Lake Osoyoos to power the nation and still leave some behind for Ogopogo.

It was interesting that the Myths and Conceptions page describes briefly what BG is bad at. And the products page contains what looks like self-published pamphlets and a few parts but no complete kits. One would have thought that his sales in Hawaii alone (most expensive gas in the US) would have created a massive market for complete products, and lined his pockets with gold.

Maybe, just maybe, it's all hot air.

Comment

Originally posted by wmgeorge
          But the above link explains somewhat that news story on YouTube about the guy "inventing" a car that runs on hydrogen separated from water.

Ok engineers what do you think??
          The energy required to split hydrogen from water will always, always, always be more than you'll get out of burning that hydrogen. Period, end of conversation. It would be far more efficient if he just used whatever energy source he's using to split water, to drive an electric motor directly.

In other words, it's bunk. Sure, it might "work"- as in, he can indeed split water and burn the resulting hyydrogen- but it's in no way an "energy source".

Doc.
          Doc's Machine. (Probably not what you expect.)

Comment

Sure you can run cars on water, just need a way to heat it up to make steam

Comment

Brown Gas or Pure Fart Fact

I'm an analytical Chemist and Home
              machinist by hobby. The Brown Gas
              is pure crap. The Hydrogen in the elemental
              state is diatomic not monoatomic. The
              Key to producing economical hydrogen from
              electrolysis of water is the find the appropriate
              catalyst to lower the activation energy of the
              reaction.

Madscientist Earl Posing as a Home Machinist

Comment

Originally posted by madscientist
                The
                reaction.
                Unless you can use beach sand for a catalyst you lose additional energy creating the catalyst. If anyone wants to try beach sand I recommend going to the extreme west end of Moloka`i, Hawai`i. The sand won't work as a catalyst but it's a really nice beach

Comment

Brown gas says it all
                  John R

Comment

reaction.
                    Exactly how do you catalyze a "reaction" that must proceed from a lower energy state to a higher energy state?

There is nothing that can be done to change the binding energy of the atoms in H2O. The amount of energy required to break the bonds is invariable. It must come from somewhere.
                    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

What is this I didn’t know I had a twin????
                      The original Mad Scientist

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Scientist
                        What is this I didn’t know I had a twin????
                        The original Mad Scientist
                        You're more spaced out than the new guy

Comment

True. But everyone already knows that.

Comment

Originally posted by John R
                            Brown gas says it all
                            Yeah, I thought "Brown gas" was some kind of joke about running cars on farts.

-Mark
                            The curse of having precise measuring tools is being able to actually see how imperfect everything is.

Comment

Originally posted by Wirecutter
                              Yeah, I thought "Brown gas" was some kind of joke about running cars on farts.

-Mark
                              If that could be done I would never need to buy gas again! Gary P. Hansen
                              In memory of Marine Engineer Paul Miller who gave his life for his country 7-19-2010 Helmand Province, Afghanistan. Freedom is not free, it is paid for with blood.

Comment

Working...
                              X