No Brag, Just Fact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Brag, Just Fact

Toyota "officially" rolled out the first new Tundra full sized truck from it's new factory near here. (San Antonio, Texas) The new $1.2 Billion factory sits on 2,000 acres and is the largest Toyota factory in the World. It's said that there's enough concrete in the factory to build a 4-lane highway over 50 miles long. This factory is expected to turn out 220,000 trucks a year or about one every 54 seconds.

This factory is a beneficial lift for the area economy as the factory and on-site suppliers will employ over 4,000 people. I'm hoping to see some "spin-off" work after things settle out. Buy American!

2007 Toyota Tundra

All Oregon wants to do is promote the tourist trade, forget about getting any real permanent industury.
    Don\'t ask me to do a dam thing, I\'m retired.
    http://home.earthlink.net/~kcprecision/

Comment

Nah, you don't want one of them Toyota trucks. Mine lasted for only 21 years.
      ----------
      Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
      Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
      Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
      There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
      Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
      Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie

Comment

" Toyota, good for Jihad "
        uk reporter robert fisk

Perhaps the best built cars on earth!
        proud owner of two : Tercel and Yaris!
        please visit my webpage:
        http://motorworks88.webs.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SGW

Yep, they're worthless vehicles. My '85 pickup broke it's timing chain at 248,000 miles.

Comment

Both Honda and Toyota are very high quality vehicles but i esp like the 1990 to 95 era and maybe a little newer, fewer gimmicks and better quality

had an old 87 CRX that had 387,000 miles on it when i sold it to a girl,,, gave her a full drivetrain warranty, last i heard it had 421,000 when she let it go because she wanted a light duty pickup...

Comment

Originally posted by SGW
              Old Chevy guy here....buuut...
              I guess I have to go along with this.
              I just put a Chevy engine/tranny/t-case into a 1980 Toyota pickup.
              I have prolly 7000k on it now.
              I've owned a ton of vehicles over the years but this is the best ever.
              The Toyota part is incredible.
              1980 electronics ALL still work perfectly...everything!
              I've never owned a North American vehicle that even came close to this thing.
              One thing though...the larger and far more powerful Chevy 4.3 gets far better gas milage than the 20R and is far cheaper to repair if anything ever goes wrong.
              I'd buy another "Yota" in a heartbeat! (Ooops...sorry Chevy)
              Russ
              I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

This post comes at a good time for me! My 94 chevy pickup is rusting out and it's my driveway plow. Since it doesn't get much use we plan on replacing with with a bigger powerplant to tow a 26-30ft house trailer in the future. How are the Toy's on big engines?

I've heard Rung Foo is coming out with a pick up truck in the near future so keep your eyes open
                - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

I have the 2004 Tundra DoubleCab with the 4.7L v-8 basrd on the Lexus engine. The 2005 had a little more HP than my 2004 and the 2007 is supposed to be the 2005 "on steroids". I had pretty much been a Ford truck man for many years, but when we needed to replace our '99 Lariat, the wife nor I liked the redesigned 2004 Ford trucks. I made a fair offer to my Ford dealer on a leftover 2003 (same style as the '99) and he foolishly turned it down. 2 days later we bought our Tundra for invoice price plus $188. Already got 70,000 miles on it, never been back to a dealer, only use Mobil 1, and replaced the original set of tires. It is truly a great truck. It pulls a trailer (mine grosses out at 7,000lbs) quite well, but the rear suspension is a little soft for heavier bed loads. I seldom get near gross in the trailer, but I still tow long distance with the overdrive "off". That 4 overhead cam engine purrs along at about 3100 rpm and still gets 12-14 mpg when towing over the West Virginia mountains. With OD "on" the engine turns about 2300rpm and get about 17 on the highway (no trailer here now).

Comment

American made?

I still drive my 1984 ford f250 looks like new custom interior 460 dual fuel engine torques out not too bad. Still doesnt burn oil and its 22 years old. HM all the toyotas ive seen are rusted to ****. I guess the cold salty roads up in canada preserve trucks i still drive my 1987 caddilac and my 1989 ford f150 5 speed 6 cylinder also but its seen better times. Buy American Canadian

Comment

Originally posted by madman
                      HM all the toyotas ive seen are rusted to ****. I guess the cold salty roads up in canada preserve trucks i still drive my 1987 caddilac and my 1989 ford f150 5 speed 6 cylinder also but its seen better times. Buy American Canadian
                      It might just be that they ain't as diligent as the states in making sure that every square inches of road surface is covered 1/2" deep in salt. I think they are paranoid about lawsuits here. We got plows waiting on Rt400 in Buffalo all night long on the U-turn areas waiting for a morning snowfall. The NannY state is seeking to make a perfect world for us since we are paying for it and it makes them look good
                      Last edited by Your Old Dog; 11-18-2006, 06:28 PM.
                      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                      Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

I've always bought Toyotas since my very first car. I don't know about the definitional contortions needed to call it an American product, though, no matter where it happens to be bolted together. It sort of brings "gay marriage" to mind - the plain meanings of the words say it ain't.

Comment

These Toyota'a are more "American Made" than ANY other vehicle in the US. I think the only "parts" brought in are the engine and trans parts. These are assembled on site. The sheet metal, frame and interior are all MADE on-site. There's 300 suppliers on the grounds of the factory all making parts for these trucks. It that ain't American Made, I don't know what you're talking about--Nor do you.

Comment

Looks like that type of vehicle is going to be history in the UK within the next two years, if our government have their way.

Comment

I don't like the styling. It kinda looks like it was left in the sun too long.

Mind you, styling isn't everything...

Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Working...
                              X