Ot -woodworking Rockwell 22-101planer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ot -woodworking Rockwell 22-101planer

I was feeling despondant as i have not found any good free stuff lately, and lo and behold I came across a ROCKWELL 22-101 PLANER upside down in the landfill.

I was looking at it and realised all though this is a 40s or 50s machine , it was substantially built -loads of cast iron , and although it was covered in muck, it didnt have the dust and resin accumulations that a wood machine gets after a short while.

so home she comes .

In fact after a quick power wash it appears that it wasnt used at all with wax still on the blades and cosomoline everywhere .just sat in a corner somewhere .
    good clean and a paint , set the rollers properly, new cutter head bearings and i should be in businesss.

any body have a similar machine ? need to compare notes , particulary on the paint job it hasa rather appealing spatter type paint , original.

cameras not working so no pics

oh i really want a metal planer and not a wood planer so I am still a wee bit despondant .

I'm sure your suffering touches us all deeply.....

----------
    Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
    Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
    There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
    Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie

Comment

nice price!

Here is the place to go for info on old woodworking machines.

http://www.owwm.com/

They have an impressive collectioin of lit and pics available, plus a discussion forum.

Comment

this is her
        -image lifted from owwm classifieds-since my camera is not working.

Comment

Anytime you want to double your money on it just let me know.

Comment

sure , but shipping will kill ya from where I am !

Comment

Working...
            X