Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Isssue of Digital Machinist Arrived Today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Isssue of Digital Machinist Arrived Today!

Thanks to my wonderful wife, my first issue (Vol 1, No. 1) is in my hands. The cover article is "Make Model Engine Flywheels on a CNC Mill". A timely article, as I have been contemplating building a Flame Licker type engine over the holidays.
    Of course it will probably be *next* Christmas before my CNC Series I conversion is finished... back to the round ram and rotary table.

Neil, Craig, it looks like you have another winner. Congratulations!

-Mike

Bugger, Didn't know it was coming out.
    How do I get a copy ?

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

That's interesting as that article (my article!) was in the "special issue" of Digital Machinist they released several months ago - I wonder If the issues are the same?
      Largest resource on the web for Taig lathes and milling machines, www.cartertools.com

Comment

There was a mail out in Oct soliciting subscriptions, apparently planned as a quarterly with Vol 1 Issue 1 already sent earlier this year as a supplement/trial balloon to HSM. Cost `$18/yr IIRC. Flier intimated that next issue would be Dec '06. HSM web site is strange as it has never listed the full range of books they sell, and now doesn't mention the Digital Machinist. If the magazine can attract 2% of what is going on over at www.cnczone.com it should do ok.
        Steve

Comment

Four issues per year should be banned as it is a form of torture
          I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Originally posted by panchula
            Thanks to my wonderful wife, my first issue (Vol 1, No. 1) is in my hands. The cover article is "Make Model Engine Flywheels on a CNC Mill". A timely article, as I have been contemplating building a Flame Licker type engine over the holidays.
            Of course it will probably be *next* Christmas before my CNC Series I conversion is finished... back to the round ram and rotary table.

Neil, Craig, it looks like you have another winner. Congratulations!

-Mike
            What other sort of articles were in this issue and how many pages was the total issue?? I hav just ordered a sample issue to see if I should subscribe as it may not be available on the newsstand like the others from this publisher. Appreciate comments from any who have seen and read the first issue.

Gerald

Comment

Working...
            X