Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever-changing URL........ split town, no forwarding

So we have another URL change?

I went away for a week, at the beginning of which this BBS gave me a "database error.... hit refresh or try later" error message...

So I get back, and its the same thing. I look around on the OTHER bbs' to see if there is any info, and discover that the URL changed again.

Is there a particular reason, like spammers, that the OLD URL apparently NEVER gives a notice of change for this bbs????

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

The URL for here changed again? I remember it did it one time a while back, but it's the same for me now as it has been for the past few months.
    You never learn anything by doing it right.

Comment

The url hasn't changed. The server is misconfigured. It should work with http://homeshopmachinist.net/bbs but it doesn't. The server requires the "www" prefix in order to direct the page request to the right place. Somebody has messed it up.

To get to the BBS you must use http://www.homeshopmachinist.net/bbs

The link on the main page to "interactive" also points to the url with no "www" so it also returns the error page.
      Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
        The url hasn't changed. The server is misconfigured.

The link on the main page to "interactive" also points to the url with no "www" so it also returns the error page.
        Actually, the only way I COULD get here was to use the "interactive" URL..... My previous links don't work, but going thru the "interactive" DID..........

Yeeeeeeesh... go figure

BTW, I just checked, and it still is OK thru the "interactive", and teh old link still does NOT work
        Last edited by J Tiers; 11-26-2006, 10:50 PM.

Keep eye on ball.
        Hashim Khan

Comment

Somebody fixed the interactive link today. It now points to www.homeshopmachinist.net/bbs

They have not however fixed the way the server handles the address without the "www".
          Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Working...
          X