• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grizzly Knife Grinder

I have a Grizzly Model G2790 Knife Grinder

http://www.grizzly.com/products/item...0&site=grizzly

Or Page 123 of their 2003 catalog.

I would like to have a better stage or platform to work with on this surface grinder, does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Jerry

Jerry,

Could you be more specific about your application and what you find lacking in the current design?

Comment

Jerry,

It appears that you are doing woodworking. I think I would secure the base of your grinder to a heavy steel plate and mount it on a Tool Dock by Waterloo. Check out www.tooldock.com.

Looks like a nice unit for grinding jointer and planer blades.

Let us know how you like it.

Bernard

Comment

Jerry That look like a very nice little unit well constructed and heavily built I have a whole section in the corner of my workshop which I have designed and dedicated to sharpening as it is so important.This type of knife grinder is also made by Rexon and others but is in my opinion (from the photograph) not so heavily constructed and is a wet type I have one of ethese dedictaed to planer knifes.
        http://www.tooline.co.nz/sharpener.htm
        Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

What I am looking for is something that is more acurate or controllable as a "tool holder". I do very fine work and this surface grinder is handy for this kind of work, but I would like to have something that will hold flats and rounds and that I can extend or retract in small amounts.

Jerry

Comment

Something that would allow you to control infeed? How about some kind of cross slide?

Comment

Dave,
              That maybe what I want, what came with it is great for doing planar blades, but I do finer small work. I would like to have some micro adjustments, manybe other controlls.

Jerry

Comment

Working...
              X