Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony DRO's

I opportunity has crossed my path.
    From a dealer, I can pick up a brand new, in box, set of Sony DRO's for my BP.
    The model is a couple of years old. It does bolt hole patterns, arcs, inch/mm, center find, inc/abs, and a few other cute tricks.
    It's a $1200 item according to the dealer.
    Asking $600. firm.
    Good ? Bad? Indifferent ?
    Thanks in advance...
    Martin

I thought Travers Tool has a March special on Sonys for a BP at 600...New !
    My buddy just got one , and I was impressed with it !
    Green Bay, WI

Comment

Sony makes good units. See if the scales are the coolant sealed units, if so, it is a good deal.

Comment

I have a Sony Millman on my Lagun mill that I paid full price for 4 years ago, and I am well satisfied with it. Installation requires very careful work. After years of looking at dials it took a while to get use to looking up at the DRO.

Comment

They are the Millman and the scales are the ones which can be soaked with oil and coolant and still read.
          It can have an attachment like a probe/edgefinder which will input info into the memory.....or something like that.
          I told the salesman I would take the unit.
          Still can't talk him down in price.....

Comment

Martin
            Get him to throw in some freebies - so you can remember him when you go to buy your next new maqchine...

Comment

Thrud,
              Like what ???
              Martin

Comment

$600 is a bargain...you're doing fine.

----------
                Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
                Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
                Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
                There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
                Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
                Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie

Comment

Working...
                X