High speed precision drills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High speed precision drills

Does anyone have a small precision high speed drill I just got one and would like to know more about them I was virtually gifted mine at £20 I believe they are expensive Alistair
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Alistair, I've a dumor 'speeder' or at least that's what i've always called it - is that what you mean? it spins at something like 20k with the smallest jacobs chuck. basically a high speed balanced motor with a chuck on the end. its used in the drill press chuck, simply as a way to hold it, the drill press is never turned on. actually I turn the breaker off because by rote i'd hit the green button, don't ask how i discovered that little personal weakness.

sensitivity is increased if you make one of these, plans irrc in one of our sponsor's books.

for very find work, its a sensitive drill press table, counterbalanced the table raises up into the drill. I've done #85 holes with this, it works.
    Last edited by Mcgyver; 12-21-2006, 01:55 PM.

Comment

This is a Dumore sensitive drill press I have on eBay now. It is 0-5/32" capacity, 17,000RPM. They list new around $800.00.
      Jim H.

Comment

Jim mine is really nice I'll post a few pics tomorrow needs a good clean as its been near something with suds spilling on it and it's really greasy I got some de greaser will try that.Alistair
        Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Nice!

I have had a high speed, precision drill press for a long time. It is called a Unimat. Selection of speeds up to 10K RPM and with a fan speed control, I have continously variable speeds.
          Paul A.
          SE Texas

Make it fit.
          You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Comment

guess mine set up's the poor mans version. didn't know they made such a thing.

Comment

Working...
            X