milling machine quality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• milling machine quality?

anybody have any comments on the quality and accuracy of a vertical milling machine made by "bemato" model no. bmt-1250s sold by penn tool co. ? also i would like to know of any dealers for this machine on the west coast as shipping from N.J. to b.c canada would probably pay for 10 percent of the rest of the tools i want and "can't" afford. i should also like to say that i'm very impressed with the amount of wit and wisdom included in this site at no extra charge.
    \"TOOL SLUT\"

pete, i been reading this a few months now. I think and wit is purely unintentional- maybe a mistake on your part. So far as i can tell this is a sober sided, humourless bunch. Only virtue is their complete honesty. They may be wrong but they are sincere and truthful so far as they know.
    Steve
    BACK me up boys- or have i told an inadvertant untruth?

Comment

Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!!!

Comment

Wit wat? I order mine wit out.

Comment

Pete! I'm not witty, witless, yes!

------------------
          John B
          John B

Comment

Pete: I know nothing of the machine you asked about. sorry. And for once, the rest are no more informed than I , I bet. and welcome
            Steve

Comment

bemato? bemato? sounds italian. in that case, you better stay away from that machine, because the only thing italians know how to make are pizzas and ferraris!

sorry for being witty
              oh, and i agree, ive been on this site for a couple of weeks, and this is the best bunch of guys.
              steve

------------------
              extreme tractor racing
              extreme tractor racing

Comment

Pete

Get in touch with Guy lautard through his website http://lautard.com/ he maybe able to get you in touch with one of the west coast canadian dealers or one of his buds in the local model engineers club (live steamers).

One dealer you could contact is Thomas Skinner & sons http://www.tskinner.com/
                They can get you nearly anything you need.

You cannot be looking very hard, the west coast has lots of industrial sales and what not and it is just a short drive into Washington or Oregon for industrial sales or auctions.

Comment

I have a 4" milling vise purchased from Traver's tool. It is marked " Bemato" . Has a nice finish, works OK. Never checked it for parallel, etc. The cast iron body seems to rust pretty fast. Made in Tawain. Nicer than the mainline China stuff I have seen. I would want to see the machine in person. Her in the northeast you could get a pretty nice used Bridgeport, Lagun, Cinci, Wells Index, Etc for $3500.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lone waddie:
                    I have a 4" milling vise purchased from Traver's tool. It is marked " Bemato" . Has a nice finish, works OK. Never checked it for parallel, etc. The cast iron body seems to rust pretty fast. Made in Tawain. Nicer than the mainline China stuff I have seen. I would want to see the machine in person. Here in the northeast US you can get a pretty nice used Bridgeport, Lagun, Cinci, Wells Index, Etc for $3500. </font>

Comment

</font>
                      sorry about the lack of info.i would love to have a B.P. or clone but as i live in a mobile home "TRAILER TRASH" ect. i can't tolerate that much weight. 1100lbs.is probably more than even an idiot would attempt.BEMATO is aparently made in taiwan, pitzza is not included. i also know of and have talked to GUY LAUTARD but i figured it would be a better question to ask of these members.JET has a simular machine but no power down feed so i'm not buying that. i'd like what everybody else want's X,Y,Z, travel of 100 inches, .00000001 accuracy ,10lbs. in weight ,and costs 10 bucks. oh yeah, for 10buck's i also want it fully tooled, and a dro installed, cnc would be o.k. too. but as i haven't seen any "LUCKY CHARMS" cereal employee's around here, i'm probably going to buy a machine from PENN TOOL as i can't find anything else with the range of speeds,power down feed, r8 taper,xyz travel, weight, or price. just like to hear from someone who has seen/or operated one of these machines,and can tell me about quality/accuracy/problems?? i fully realize i'm not getting B.P. but is this thing worth buying or should i blow my canadian YEN/PESOS/RUBLES on that bridge that was for sale in the "bar" last friday
                      \"TOOL SLUT\"

Comment

</font>
                        sorry about the lack of info.i would love to have a B.P. or clone but as i live in a mobile home "TRAILER TRASH" ect. i can't tolerate that much weight. 1100lbs.is probably more than even an idiot would attempt.BEMATO is aparently made in taiwan, pitzza is not included. i also know of and have talked to GUY LAUTARD but i figured it would be a better question to ask of these members.JET has a simular machine but no power down feed so i'm not buying that. i'd like what everybody else want's X,Y,Z, travel of 100 inches, .00000001 accuracy ,10lbs. in weight ,and costs 10 bucks. oh yeah, for 10buck's i also want it fully tooled, and a dro installed, cnc would be o.k. too. but as i haven't seen any "LUCKY CHARMS" cereal employee's around here, i'm probably going to buy a machine from PENN TOOL as i can't find anything else with the range of speeds,power down feed, r8 taper,xyz travel, weight, or price. just like to hear from someone who has seen/or operated one of these machines,and can tell me about quality/accuracy/problems?? i fully realize i'm not getting B.P. but is this thing worth buying or should i blow my canadian YEN/PESOS/RUBLES on that bridge that was for sale in the "bar" last friday
                        \"TOOL SLUT\"

Comment

BACK me up boys- or have i told an inadvertant untruth?
                          Steve I don't know what you mean I for one am very witty, very intelligent, very good looking, very sophisticated, very suave, very debonair etc, funnily enough I used to be the spotty shy retairing kind and it all started when I took some of Thruds sisters loverly meatloaf absolutely chewtastic I wwould recommend it eight out of ten dog owners would too.And I have a nice healthy coat.Alistair
                          Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Just like my big pal the fur daddy himself all the way from Canada. keep chewing Dave
                            Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Trailer living huh? I lived in apartments, rental houses for a long time. MY ADVICE, Make friends with someone with a real shop with real machines. I had a harbor freight chinese drill-mill-lathe that gave me major grief every time I turned it on. I am scared of anything but major namebrands now.
                              I did leave a building I bought and paid for next to a rental house. I saw a school bus once with a bridgeport and a tool room lathe in it. the guy was a instrument fitter and slept in the front of the bus. He had more money than the Rockefellers I think.
                              I finally bought me a lot, built me a 1 bedroom house (7800 in materiels) then built me a shop. Now I am adding onto the house (next adding onto the shop) I financed all this with them credit cards you get in the mail, then borrowed real money from ditech.com to reduce the rate. Payments are 199.98 a month now for land, house, shop.
                              Lots of luck, hard to work in impossible tight spaces.

[This message has been edited by ibewgypsie (edited 03-18-2003).]

Comment

Working...
                              X