Wind Mill Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind Mill Plans

~ twenty years ago Mother Earth News had a set of plans for a wind mill that used two bicycle wheels. At the time I wanted to build one but did not have the time. I have the time now and still want to build one but I didn’t have the foresight to buy the plans. If any one has a set or would copy me a set I would like to buy them. Richard

not the plans you are looking for, but might be worth a look

http://www.fuellesspower.com/windmills2.htm

Comment

Otherpower.com

Comment

Thank you; this is a cool web site however it dosen’t have the wind mill I am looking for.
        Richard

Comment

Nice Interesting Site

I built a windmill generator years ago. My friend put it into the back of his pickup to try it out. Next thing you know the propellor (that took like a year to make) flew apart. S.... oh well. Propellor was the hardest thing to carve.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Hanley
            ~ twenty years ago Mother Earth News had a set of plans for a wind mill that used two bicycle wheels. At the time I wanted to build one but did not have the time. I have the time now and still want to build one but I didn’t have the foresight to buy the plans. If any one has a set or would copy me a set I would like to buy them. Richard
            Got any idea what is on the cover of the issue that had the windmill? I have the first 100 issues of TMEN but have to dig them out. Would save some time going through them.

Wes
            Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
            ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

Originally posted by madman
              I built a windmill generator years ago. My friend put it into the back of his pickup to try it out. Next thing you know the propellor (that took like a year to make) flew apart. S.... oh well. Propellor was the hardest thing to carve.
              When I was a kid, I came across a 6' Windcharger propeller. Playing around in the back yard I stuck it on a broom handle and held it up in a stiff wind. It started turning slowly then spun up REAL FAST! I feared being chopped in little pieces. I paniced and threw it up in the air as hard as I could and ran upwind. I was amazed that it fell without breaking.

I don't recall what happened to the propeller over the years, but I still have the air brake for it. Anyone interested?
              Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
              ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

Wes;
                The Plans Were Sold By Mother Earth News , But Were Not Printed In The Magazine. Thanks For The Offer , It Was Very Nice Of You . Richard

Comment

Wes;
                  The Plans Were Sold By Mother Earth News , But Were Not Printed In The Magazine. Thanks For The Offer , It Was Very Nice Of You . Richard

Comment

http://www.farmcollector.com/forums/
                    this is the outfit that has the current owner ship of TMEN I too have about 100 plus issues till the started advertisizing the Detroit iron in it and went up scale. first issue had a story about somebody living off road kill in Alaska. Just a tad to simple life for me. LOL they may have them reprinted as the do a lost of old stuff. This is the sight you may be able to find the plans or a new version.http://www.homepower.com/
                    I will look thru my copies of the last whole earth catalogs and see if They have them listed.
                    Same thing happened to theTWEC went up scale to make some more money and the last one white cover really sucked and then it died lol.
                    Glen
                    Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
                    I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
                    All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

Working...
                    X