Motor building progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor building progress

Well, I had about 6 hours in the shop this morning and made some pretty good progress on the motor. Did a little pre-assembly to make sure everything lines up. Getting ready to work on the gear case

Purty as a picture,Jeff.What size is it?
    Hans

Comment

hey that looks nice! what is the proposed displacement ?

Samuel

Comment

Nice! Now there is a motor I could generate some interest in building. Too bad I don't know enough to even start. Is this from plans?
        Russ
        Master Floor Sweeper

Comment

Sharp Looking!

Wow! That is nice.

I'm with BD. I was never into building engines unless I could put them to work. I could certainly find a use for something like that.

Comment

Looks good.

Have to take that back, it looks great.

How many hours so far ?
            Displacement ?

Ross
            GUNS Don't kill people
            Drivers using cell phones do.

Comment

These were plans from Jerry Howell. It is all made from bar stock so you don't need to purchase any castings. I did purchase all the fastners, bearings and hard to find stuff from him. It make it a lot easier than trying to find all those small fastners. Most all of them are stainless but the ones you see are just temporary. I have plenty of screws on hand but the final assembly will be all stainless. I think it is 32cc. I needed something to work on - not that I don't have enought projects but I really wanted to do something different. On of the other members, jdunmyer is a friend of mine and he and his buddy has built a few engines in the past. Last year I built an all aluminum utitlity trailer so this year I thought I would do something small and detailed. I have about 60 hours in in so far and probably will have another 140 hours until it is finished. I must say, I think things are moving faster than I expected. The gear case is very involved so I'm getting a little nervous about attacking this part.

Comment

Nice work Jeff, that will be a neat little engine.
                It's only ink and paper

Comment

Great looking work Jeff. I have the plans for it but haven't had time to start yet. For those of you wanting to know more about this engine here is a link to Jerry's website and this engine.

http://www.jerry-howell.com/V-Twin.html

Very good website with lots of interesting stuff. Check it out.
                  Jonathan P.

Comment

Working...
                  X