Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wierdscience
    replied
    After seeing your title I thought it might be OT But now that I see it's not that kind of Honey

Nice work,I too have been attending the wrong auctions

Leave a comment:

• JIMofalltrades031
    replied
    Man, that is some kinda nice! Thanks for sharing. Jim

Leave a comment:

• Cecil Walker
    replied
    Great job JC, excellent action, beautiful stock, cheap to shoot, not much invested......... you need to start buying lottery tickets.

Leave a comment:

• JCHannum
    replied
    I am pleased with the way the stock turned out. It is my first shot at inletting. I sanded it to 600 grit wet or dry and finished with Tru Oil. I probably have close to 40 hours in the wood all together.

I haven't sighted it in yet, but it should be pretty accurate. The M1922 was a trainer, but also used in match competition. The barrel is tapped for scope blocks and I suspect it is a better quality. The rifling is in excellent condition.

I have wanted to build a 1903 sporter for many years, but really don't have a need for the 30-06. The 22 fills the bill, and I will be able to get some use out of it as well.

Leave a comment:

• Alistair Hosie
    replied
    Well done Jim looks like a good deal I know nothing about guns but the sight alone must be worth that happy hunting regards Alistair

Leave a comment:

• Rustybolt
    replied
    That stock is nice. I like the patttern. Good deal.

Leave a comment:

• madman
    replied
    Nice

Hows it shoot?

Leave a comment:

• Your Old Dog
    replied
    Great looking shooter!

Leave a comment:

• TECHSHOP
    replied
    C-note and some time = WOW!

I have been going to the wrong auctions!

Leave a comment:

• garyphansen
    replied
    That is sure one nice hunk of wallnut! Gary P. Hansen

Leave a comment:

• JRouche
    replied
    Originally posted by JCHannum
    Later in the same auction, I picked up a semi-inletted Fajen stock for $20.00.
    Steal!!! JRouche

Leave a comment:

• JCHannum
    started a topic $100 Honey

$100 Honey

A month or so ago, I was at an auction and picked up a barreled action and a semi-inletted stock.

The action was a Springfield 1903 that had an M1922, 22 cal barrel and bolt installed on it. Some of the work had been done, and there was a cigar box of parts with it. I got it all for $50.00.

Later in the same auction, I picked up a semi-inletted Fajen stock for $20.00.

The cigar box had the magazine, a Buehler low scope mount and a Timney trigger.

I added a Lyman All American 6X scope I picked up at another auction a year or so ago for $10.00, and after a bit of work, I ended up with this;

Some of the fun included adapting the 03 action to accept the M2 magazine, so it is a repeater and modifying a set of Weaver rings to the Buehler mount.

With all the bits & pieces, I have less than a total of $100.00 invested. These projects are what make the home shop pay off.
Working...
X