Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody got a link for a kwik switch collet rebuild?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody got a link for a kwik switch collet rebuild?

My collet lock has died on my spindle on my 1976 bridgeport.
    Taper is true, locking is not.
    ANYONE got a exploded view? rebuilding instructions? On the universal site they list a rebuilding kit, but it is a dead link.

ANY real good cheap replacement spindle & quick change tooling? Tormach? I kinda dislike the kwikswitch stuff anyways.
    Excuse me, I farted.

Sorry bro, all I have is this picture of the parts. Maybe find the broken part looking at the good parts? JRouche

My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

I'm also interested in this. My Kwik Switch still works but there is sometimes a problem with the adjustment screw. I think that it adjusts where the ramps lock under the two tangs. It is a tricky adjustment and there is a part that covers the screw window that is a problem.

Other than that I'm pretty satisfied with the Kwik Switch system. It is accurate and easy and convenient and less complex than any drawbar system that I've ever seen.

Comment

I have not even looked to see how it comes apart yet.

I kept telling myself it is a flake of aluminum. No problems till now, a 4 nozzle coolmist unit installed around the spindle and 150psi on it.

I had 0.000 runout of the taper, on a tool thou I had 12 thou at the tool next to the collet, I picked some shrapnel out of the collet system and I got it down to .005. I flushed the whole collet lock out for half a hour.

AS, Forrest said once, air around a high tolerance part is a bad idea, it blows crap up into places you really don't want it..

I had a bad day before I noticed it was wobbling the tool, made a whole days worth of scrap. I ain't got enough time as it is without making crap, and taking all day to do it.

There is a wear pad in there, not in Jrouche's picture. J: Do you pull a pin, drill out a rivet or what to make it come apart?

I really need it to work. I need to complete the flamecutter this week to make my goals. I tried spotting with the cnc and drilling on the tabletop drill press, kinda frustrating.
        Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Working...
        X