OT: Turd car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Turd car

Wow. Plumb the depths of ugly. This is what happens when a Chevette gets humped by a Cordoba. EEEEEEEuck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Super...QQcmdZViewItem

Took me a second, but I used to drive a '76 Chevette. That's what this car really is.

-Mark
    The curse of having precise measuring tools is being able to actually see how imperfect everything is.

Wow.

That is eye-wateringly hideous.
    "Lay on ground-light fuse-get away"

Comment

Looks like the car Homer designed Alistair
      Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Canyonero!

Can you name the truck with four wheel drive,
        smells like a steak and seats thirty-five..

Canyonero! Canyonero!

Well, it goes real slow with the hammer down,
        It's the country-fried truck endorsed by a clown!

Canyonero! (Yah!) Canyonero!
        [Krusty:] Hey Hey

The Federal Highway comission has ruled the
        Canyonero unsafe for highway or city driving.

Canyonero!

12 yards long, 2 lanes wide,
        65 tons of American Pride!

Canyonero! Canyonero!

Top of the line in utility sports,
        Unexplained fires are a matter for the courts!

Canyonero! Canyonero! (Yah!)

She blinds everybody with her super high beams,
        She's a squirrel crushing, deer smacking, driving machine!

Canyonero!-oh woah, Canyonero! (Yah!)

Drive Canyonero!

Woah Canyonero!

Woah!

"Lay on ground-light fuse-get away"

Comment

Unbelieveable --- its like a vega threw up a yugo,,, Nice little duesh bag holder on the passenger side above the glove comp. (or is that a vomitorium?) what a piece of crap!

Aint nuthin wrong with a Dodge --- Dodge is a damn fine car --- ran over my wife - with a dodge... (episode of married with children)

Comment

From the side, it has a spooky resemblence to a Henry J. Looks like a Henry J that tried to morph into a mid '70s Lincoln and retained the worst of both.

Comment

No, it is a preperation H soaked Monte Carlo.. It shrunk.
              Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Whada ya' mean ugly?, I think it's loverly!, and I might buy it!, I have a 454 marine engine I been looking for something to put it in and this could be it.
                "four to tow, two to go"

Comment

"Pots Falls, Idaho" (that's supposed to be Post Falls)

Just a few miles east of me off of interstate 90.

An attempt at building a small fuel efficient car before such a thing was popular.

Made headline news here.

I believe it's history should be required reading for anyone considering starting thier own car company as how NOT to do it.

They are even uglier in person. And they were a such a piece of crap they could not sell them. That's why it has very low mileage, the word got out immediately that they were very failure prone in every conceivable way. I think the doors were falling off at the hundred mile mark (that's if the engine didn't blow up first). And every one of people that bought one got totally shafted by the company. And so did the investors he managed to suck into it.

The ad does not lie however. Very unusual.

I would sooner spend my money on a Crosley. Another piece of junk, but at least they were cute.
                  Last edited by topct; 12-29-2006, 05:23 PM.
                  Gene

Comment

It's only ugly if you look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by topct
                      "Pots Falls, Idaho" (that's supposed to be Post Falls)

Just a few miles east of me off of interstate 90.

An attempt at building a small fuel efficient car before such a thing was popular.

Made headline news here.

I believe it's history should be required reading for anyone considering starting thier own car company as how NOT to do it.

They are even uglier in person. And they were a such a piece of crap they could not sell them. That's why it has very low mileage, the word got out immediately that they were very failure prone in every conceivable way. I think the doors were falling off at the hundred mile mark (that's if the engine didn't blow up first). And every one of people that bought one got totally shafted by the company. And so did the investors he managed to suck into it.

The ad does not lie however. Very unusual.

I would sooner spend my money on a Crosley. Another piece of junk, but at least they were cute.

So Topct, this thing actually used its own engine? that would surprise me if it did - usually they will start off with a powerplant from a very popular auto maker, I.E. --- deloreans used a renault if my memory serves correct, another "history should be required reading for anyone considering starting thier own car company as how NOT to do it"

So now im going to have to get the map out and check out post falls idaho, I have a pick of me in my living room diving into a creek --- S. fork of the payette, the prettiest water iv ever seen, turqoise beautiful, 25 feet down and as clear as could be, I would be living in Idaho if it wasnt north of where im already at (to cold for me) What a wonderful state though...

Comment

Ugly ain't dead yet.

2006 Avanti:

Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

"So Topct, this thing actually used its own engine?"

Yes it did. Designed and built right there.

The block was cast at an aluminum foundry that specialized in decarative aluminum pieces. And the crankshaft was cast at place that makes very nice manhole covers. True!

The body was totally chopper gunned and about a half inch thick. The door hardware was taken from kitchen cabinets. Etc.....

I don't remember where he got the drive train. The rummer is that they were built using old Crosley tooling.

You were in the Payette river. Thats in the southern part of the state and it's very pretty down there. Rugged but pretty. Look north of there about 300 miles and you will find Post Falls. Just west of Coeur d'Alene.
                          Gene

Comment

ugly car

You want ugly.How's about this little beauty?http://images.google.co.nz/imgres?im...icial%26sa%3DN
                            Or this one:?http://www.losercars.com/images/loser23.jpg
                            I'm gonna put my name down for one right now!.
                            Hans

Comment

"It looks like the Pepboys threw up under the hood"
                              I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Working...
                              X