V-Twin motor progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Twin motor progress

I had a few days off of work so I did some more work in the V-Twin. Finished all the rocker arm parts and even made the stainless nuts. Started to work on the valve gear case and the tappets & bushings. I had some surgery on my right hand so I’ll be out of commission for the next few weeks so I can only plan on what I will work on next. Hope you all have a Happy new year.

Jeff

Fixture to make sure the gear mesh is correct.

A close up of the rocker assembly

sub-assembly just to check fit. The green things are old ear plugs – needed something to keep tension on the push rods.

Lookin' nice Jeff. Hope the hand heals well and fast.
    It's only ink and paper

Comment

What design is that?

Is that a twin of you're own design or are you building from plans? That is a nice clean design.
      James Kilroy

Comment

Very cool...how much will she displace?

Comment

Nice work, heres a link of something similar that might strike your interest

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/celias/
          Opportunity knocks once, temptation leans on the doorbell.....

Comment

Amazing work Jeff. I can only hope to rise to that level some day.
            Bob
            Pics of shop and some projects
            http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y39...achine%20Shop/

Comment

Originally posted by jkilroy
              Is that a twin of you're own design or are you building from plans? That is a nice clean design.

Jeff,

i'm wondering the same thing as jkilroy, are you building it from scratch, or a kit and plans? i would some day like to build something similar to an old single-cylinder engine and it would look something like yours (only half the cylinders).

andy b.
              The danger is not that computers will come to think like men - but that men will come to think like computers. - some guy on another forum not dedicated to machining

Comment

I bought a set of plans from Jerry Howell for this motor. I think the size was a 32cc. I have about 85 hours in it so far and probably another 100 more to go. He has some single cylinder engines. I have never attempted anything like this before but I must say that I'm having a bunch of fun running the machines. About 20 years ago, I went from a machinist to an engineer position so I really miss getting my hands dirty machining stuff.

Jerry's web site is www.jerry-howell.com

Comment

Working...
                X