• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Most Unturdlike Car

Everybody has a favorite. Here's mine

Used to have a '68 with 390 like this one. Fast enough for me

Now what's yours
    Forty plus years and I still have ten toes, ten fingers and both eyes. I must be doing something right.

This is very unturdlike,

http://media.ford.com/newsroom/featu...?release=16649
    Gene

Comment

Here is my un-turd.

Back when the shop had PLENTY of room, not like that anymore.

James Kilroy

Comment

Ask me something hard.

Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

I like 70 Novas. Mine is parked for the winter but this looks something like it, except I have all blacked out brightwork and it's painted a very dark green.

Comment

I always thought the AMX was underrated Spin Doctor.
            Here is a shot of my 70 Donohue:

Comment

My favorite

I had 2 of these when I was a teenager a 70 white like in the picture and a 73 it was also white both had the auto trans they would really move.
              GD

http://www.transamtech.com/70_index.shtml

Comment

Darn
                I wish that I had pictures of both of em.

#1 was a 57 Chev rag top factory 245 hp.
                There wasn't a Patrol car in the area that
                could catch it.

#2 was a 67 Ford gal 500 rag top with 390.
                Quite a bit slower.
                GUNS Don't kill people
                Drivers using cell phones do.

Comment

Here's a cool car:

http://galeria.forocoches.com/data/5...Shark_1961.JPG

My favorite though:

Mako Shark II Concept Car

Failing the above:

1968 L88

Or 1969 ZL-1 (the rarest corvette ever produced - this one is not an original, the original two were yellow and white)

Here's where i stole the picture from:
                  http://www.vetteweb.com/features/vet..._stingray_zl1/

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
                    Ask me something hard.

Ive got one of these, and a solid red one. Another red one with white stripe, one black, and a ford blue signed sitting in my work showroom (Ford stealer). Im in service

Gotta say, the Ford Blue one is my favorite

Im Bryan, btw... learning alot, still setting up my machine
                    People done have Respect for Themselves... Let alone Other People

Comment

Originally posted by Zuesdawg
                      Ive got one of these, and a solid red one. Another red one with white stripe, one black, and a ford blue signed sitting in my work showroom (Ford stealer). Im in service

Gotta say, the Ford Blue one is my favorite

Im Bryan, btw... learning alot, still setting up my machine
                      So what's your opinion of the new one? Are they going to be raced?
                      Gene

Comment

I like the new one too but it isn't as no-compromise as the old Mk I and the Mk II. It was, in my opinion, the finest sports car ever produced in North America. It proved it by whipping the best of the rest twice at Le Mans. Corvette and Cobra aren't in the same catagory and nothing else comes close for an actual street legal production car.
                        Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

I certainly don't want to start or pick any fights.

Turds or Gems it is such a subjective choice. Unfortunately I don't like Spin Doctors "Most" unturdlike car. To me it IS a definative turd car (based on styling only.)

Those particular Corvettes and Novas and the AMX are ALSO turd cars in my subjective view based on the styling only.

The Mustang and the Ford race car that Evan and Zuesdawg posted and are not turd cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
                            I like the new one too but it isn't as no-compromise as the old Mk I and the Mk II. It was, in my opinion, the finest sports car ever produced in North America. It proved it by whipping the best of the rest twice at Le Mans. Corvette and Cobra aren't in the same catagory and nothing else comes close for an actual street legal production car.

Can someone say "Bugati" ? (in reference to the "nothing" )

No seriously, i think the original was a real super car. The old corvettes don't fall into super car category. I'm not impressed by the new ones though - for the money i'd rather a Z06. Where the Z06 didn't beat it, it came *very* close. Besides the i've heard horror stories about the new ones with leaky crankshafts due to an improper surface finish that Ford replaced with a speedi-sleeve, and cracked upper control arms since Ford tried some new squish casting techinque.

I mean i guess i would take one if someone gave it to me but...
                            They are cool cars but for my money i think i'd rather a Z06 over the new ones.

Comment

"Those particular Corvettes and Novas and the AMX are ALSO turd cars in my subjective view based on the styling only."

I should slap you...

Comment

Working...
                              X