Machine shop books on ebay...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine shop books on ebay...

I thought you guys would want to know about some Machinist books on ebay.
    Here's the auction # 190067620293

Here's a better deal... Machine Shop Practice (Volume 1 & 2) by K. H. Moltrecht Item number: 130063211668

Much cheaper then B&N.
    Wow... where did the time go. I could of swore I was only out there for an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkerer
      Here's a better deal... Machine Shop Practice (Volume 1 & 2) by K. H. Moltrecht.
      I'm just an amateur machinist-hack, but I've read a lot of machinist books, and Moltrecht is by far the best...
      "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

And considering Amazon and B&N want $35 bucks or so a piece plus shipping this could be a great deal.
        Wow... where did the time go. I could of swore I was only out there for an hour.

Comment

Holy cow, $48 for both Moltrecht volumes? Ebay is just plain weird. I bought those on eBay last January, 1981 printing in new condition with the DJs, for $9.38 for the pair. I had to fight for them, too. I guess inflation is worse than the official figures let on.

Comment

Here's another

Ingenious Mechanisms... Auction # 190068097649

You might also get a kick out of this old Shopmate Blitz saw 190068096217

Comment

Originally posted by rantbot
              Holy cow, $48 for both Moltrecht volumes? Ebay is just plain weird.
              Heisenberg effect -- by posting the link to a live Ebay auction on HSM or PM, you're guaranteeing the price is going to go up...

Ingenious Mechanisms... Auction # 190068097649
              Would you believe the cheapest place to buy the Ingenious Mechanisms set is Harbor Freight? Seriously

I almost bought that set, but I got a chance to flip through it at Barnes and Noble, and it's mostly a compendium of old patents. Parmley's "Illustrated Sourcebook of Mechanical Components" is much better, IMHO...
              "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Working...
              X