Evan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evan: Now you can start sleeping in to 7:30 AM. Gary P. Hansen
    In memory of Marine Engineer Paul Miller who gave his life for his country 7-19-2010 Helmand Province, Afghanistan. Freedom is not free, it is paid for with blood.

Comment

Now you can start sleeping in to 7:30 AM. Gary P. Hansen
      You have no idea how much I wish that were true. I am often up at 4 or 5, no later than 6. Sleep is the enemy.
      Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

I have been trying to figure out how to make a easily swapped out from Civic to Ranger to 41 truck laptop carrier, must swivel out of way, swivel to dash to read gps.

I heard someone say all police cars have them.. not rode in one in a few years.. thank god.

Yeah..

My dad when he retired.. his wife almost worked him to death, he took a part time job to get away from the house.. and get this.. he took his wife with him.. the work was at and on the old house.
        Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Congrats on the retirement Evan, I hope you well and truly enjoy it for many years to come.

Alas, I don't ever expect to be so fortunate. Men in my family tend to die young (invariably Cancer) and only a few make it to "retirement age". Add to that the damage caused by my tech biased stock investments a few years back, along with the US government sacking SS, and the outlook is not so good from that perspective either. I’ve resigned myself to working till I drop, but rather limiting my work effort/expenditure now instead of waiting for “retirement” so that I can enjoy things a bit before life starts to really go down the tubes for whatever reason. I still contribute to IRAs and what not, I just don't put much stock in it (pun intended).
          Russ
          Master Floor Sweeper

Comment

Hi Evan,

It is probably a good thing for you to get off of that treadmill that you had created for yourself. However there is no such thing as a retirement for you. I don't think that your system could stand it. There is nothing wrong with spending more of your time on your own interests, and in your own pursuits instead of helping others with their interests and pursuits. However I think that there is something that you are destined to contribute to mankind, I'm just not sure where or what it is. I think if you shaved your beard and ran for a public office in my part of the world, I would do everything that I could to get you elected. You seem to be interested in facts and the results and the world needs more of that right now.
            I just finished reading a book by James Bramford titled "A Pretext for War." I bought it on Amazon.com and it came from the Library of Palm Beach, Fl.. It was a never read copy and it was stamped "WITHDRAWN".
            Please read it and let me know what you think.

Enjoy yourself. But there is no retirement for you. Just new challenges.

Spence

Comment

Thanks all for the kind wishes. I am looking forward to this. Even something such as this upcoming tribunal would have been very difficult for me to attend but now I shall have the time to spare. As I said, I cannot talk about the details but I am quite sure I can make a difference in this case and it may have national ramifications.

Spence,

There isn't a ghost of a chance that I would go into politics. It involves far too much compromise and that isn't my style.

To quote Ronald Regan:

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."

Comment

I would say do it. Don't compromise. Quit instead of compromise. Don't succumb.

Now I ask you, WHO can resist those temptations that corporations offer? There are only a select few individuals that have the TWO necessary qualifications. First is a selflessness, and second is a personage that can be perfectly happy on his own, without those lures and the trappings of wealth that they screw people up with. I'm just saying that I think you could be pretty good. Benjamin Franklin had his own interests, yet he found the time to do something for the people. I love him for it.

Comment

Looks like you have gone and done it now!

Evan:

Haven't had much time to keep up on the "news" here, but did notice that you were writing about retiring a while back. I think you will be more successful at retirement than I have been ("retired" twice, but I still need to work to cover the health insurance costs!). I have also wondered now that your biz is gone, will you still be on line 24/7?

Oh, if you ever get your stuff sorted out, you truely are a better man than I am!
                  Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there no sweeter words than "I told you so."

Comment

will you still be on line 24/7?

I just finished setting up my pocket Palm T|X so that it can access the internet on wireless. Works great on the BBS

They are talking about putting in blanket free wireless in Williams Lake, I have high speed satellite here at home and my servers are now in the basement at my wife's shop on high speed. What do you think???

Comment

Working...
                    X