Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wierdscience
    replied
    Ya,people who throw things away they shouldn't,gotta love'm.I had a bunch of Faulk couplings at work along with a few spare grids.Well the "little springy looking things"got pitched.Take a guess what they don't sell seperate from the covers?

Naw,haven't had time to do anything with the steppers,I am trying to make time thou.

I still want a plasma cutter,local company bought a Plasma Cam?I think it was,they were less than happy with it.They finally got the bugs worked out,but man you don't get much for your money.

I came across a deal on some servos awhile back.How do they stack up against steppers cost wise for the control?

Leave a comment:

• Dawai
    replied
    Darin..

No email... Sorry.. I do still have the [email protected] addy..

You ever put that lil stepper to use?

Yes, I like the lil connector bars better too.. a european thing.. Stack them when you don't need them.. you might need them later.. I store them on top of each other. You'd be surprised how many people throw them away.

I got a lil xy slide running w 250 oz motors and gecko 201's.. about a $500 toy.
    Them 250 oz motors are $40 on ebay. Not as accurrate as the bridgeport, but I can pick it up and set it on the table.. It will be running a plasma cutter tomorrow I hope.. not sure if the speed is up high enough thou.. only got 7ipm.. I didn't do the math, just kinda slung together what I had.

Leave a comment:

• wierdscience
    replied
    Originally posted by David E Cofer
    Is your Name Bill? Bill used to always say he had cut the conduit off twice and it was still too short. Looks like you did good.

Yes, yours looks right for 120 volts according to the other chinese schematics. Parallel coils, with the Z1, Z2 picked up to reverse. If a man didn't want to reverse he could tap the z coils right there in the motor with a jumper.

Is this tapp sequence normal for chinese motors? If so.. someone should write a nice story and submit it to HSM.
    I don't know if they are all standard to each other,but I do like the little link bars,better than knotted up wires and wirenuts IMHO.

I also like the way some Asian singlephase motors have the centrifugal switch under a sheetmetal cap where you can get to it without taking the case apart.

BTW,I sent you an e-mail awhile back,did you get it?

Leave a comment:

• Dawai
    replied
    Is your Name Bill? Bill used to always say he had cut the conduit off twice and it was still too short. Looks like you did good.

Yes, yours looks right for 120 volts according to the other chinese schematics. Parallel coils, with the Z1, Z2 picked up to reverse. If a man didn't want to reverse he could tap the z coils right there in the motor with a jumper.

Is this tapp sequence normal for chinese motors? If so.. someone should write a nice story and submit it to HSM.

Leave a comment:

• Seastar
    replied
    WT 6x26 wiring

I bought a WT Chinese built 6x26 mill about a month ago.
    It came wired for 220V. I did not have a 220V outlet in the shop that was close to the location of the machine and so needed to use an available dedicated 20A 110V outlet that was in the correct location.
    The "manual" for the machine was useless and written in "chinglish" - didn't even have a wiring diagram and the motor name plate was undicpherable.
    I called WT's headquarters in MI and had a picture of the correct wiring for 110V e-mailed to me within minutes.
    Good customer service solved my problem

This is the 110V hookup.
    Last edited by Seastar; 01-01-2007, 10:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• wierdscience
    replied
    Never had any of my Grizz stuff mis-wired,infact they do a good job of making parts/instruction manuals that are accurate and readable.The next grade up from the benchtop tools even have SAE fastners and they do have a parts dept,which actually has parts.

I feel your pain on the 110v thing,if the Chinese could put a 110 plug on a 10hp motor they would.They have learned the "it doesn't have to work,it just has to sell" principle,sadly that's another thing they learned from us.

Leave a comment:

• Tinkerer
    replied
    Jim you beat me to it. By the way Clarke's service center is in Toledo and they are pretty good at having parts on hand and a real person to talk to.

Leave a comment:

• jimmstruk
    replied
    David, I would bet anything the box was made in the USA. JIM

Leave a comment:

• JIMofalltrades031
    replied
    Good luck with that. Let us know how you make out..........

Leave a comment:

• Dawai
    started a topic Are the grizzly tools all miswired too?

Are the grizzly tools all miswired too?

I'm interested now, another chinese company selling machine tools, so far 2 out of three are wired incorrectly for 120 volts.

Do you have a picture of the wiring in the motor on your machine to compare it to the nameplate hookup?

You never know if your machine only has half horsepower till you see if it is wired incorrectly.. of course, it will only draw half the "power from the plug" if it is wired 220 and has a 120 plug on it.

Techshop made a point, perhaps a 20 amp 120 circuit is not good. Since all 120 duplex outlets are good for less than 15 amps..

BUT still.. having a HEMI with a two barrel carburetor?

This is a case of the owner needing to be smarter than the builder.

AND, my made in America Clarke saw, the motor was made in China, as was the rest of it.. it had made in America stamped all over the box. I may look them up here in a bit, next time I am in a bad mood call thier customer service line.
Working...
X