Movie of my Hula engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie of my Hula engine

Had my kid put a movie of the hula hula engine I built a few years ago.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ2CiIq64Lc
    Jim

That's cute. I hadn't thought about making a radial engine out of the oscilating engine.
    It's only ink and paper

Comment

Very nice work Jim,pretty impressive indeed.What kind of pressure and rpm's are we looking at?Oh and of course where did you obtain the plans for this engine.
      After seeing it run at that speed I would personaly be a little scared to see it throw a rod and ruin all that good work,but it looks as if she's built for it.Once again beautiful little engine excellent work.
      Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
      Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Wow! You really cranked that sucker. Impressive.
        Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
        ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

Very cool, im impressed with the balance that it appears to have, Nice work.

Comment

Thanks.It is fun to run.It is running on 40 lbs.I will check and see how many rpms it turns someday.I have ran it faster but figured I will keep it together to sit on my desk in 1 piece.
            I got the plans from an artical from smitty on this board.Dont remember the magazine.I sent it back to him.

Comment

Very nice engine and good video too. Thanks for sharing. I'm a little envious of the monarch 10EE in the background. I'd love to have one here at home. Great lathes. What year is that one and will it cut metric also? Thank your kid for us for making the video viewable.
              Jonathan P.

Comment

The hula-hula engine may be found in the Village Press book "Two Shop Masters".

Best,

BW

PS Looks like an awesome project, BTW!
                ---------------------------------------------------

http://www.cnccookbook.com/index.htm
                Try G-Wizard Machinist's Calculator for free:
                http://www.cnccookbook.com/CCGWizard.html

Comment

Wow...that was a little scary. I too am surprised it diddn't jump off the table with all that Hula going on.

Comment

japcas.Thanks. The monarch is a 43.No metric but can if I get the gears to do so.Nice machine.
                    It runs very smooth really.I may get the tac on it and see the rpm.I am kinda courious to see anyways.

Comment

japcas. Here is a partial pic of my ee.

Comment

Fantastic little whirly-gig you got there. Must be nice to finish a project, mine all seem to get set aside for something like work.

Also like the EE. Had 2 at the last place of employment. They ran so smoooooth. Fairly tough except for that vac-tube power supply. If something in there went south, dig out the wallet.

rock-
                        Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.

Comment

Real nice engine. I enjoyed watching the video. What do you do for lubrication on those. Is it lubed from the compressed air? JRouche
                          My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Hi JRouche. I squirt a little oil in the inlet and a drop on the crank and wristpins when I start it if it sits a good while.

Comment

That's very cool. I've seen articles on those, but somehow I never imagined them running so fast. Nice work there.

-Mark
                              The curse of having precise measuring tools is being able to actually see how imperfect everything is.

Comment

Working...
                              X