ProtoTrak vs Trak AGE 2/3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProtoTrak vs Trak AGE 2/3?

Quite a bit of experience with the AGE (AutomaticGeometryEngine) control in both 2 and 3 axis. Just what are the operating differences between that and the ProtoTrak version. I retired not that long after we upgraded one Bridgeport so I didn't build that much time on the control. Now I got a job offer for a ProtoTrak Mill ooperator so I guess I need to get with the program.
    Forty plus years and I still have ten toes, ten fingers and both eyes. I must be doing something right.

Hey Spin. I've never run the AGE control but we had two bridgeport ez trak machines at the shop I worked in and they upgraded to ProtoTrak Edge systems. They are two axis systems but with the experience I had on the old ez trak I was able to learn the new prototrak with no training. I did look at the manual for some of the hidden features but it is very easy to operate and is a fairly cabable control. I'd offer to let them try you for a day or two to see if you can get up to speed on it but I'm sure you can if you have some experience with a similar machine of this type. I'd say go for it. If you take it let us know how you like it. Good luck.
    Jonathan P.

Comment

Hi Spin, I have run both 2&3 axis AGE systems. I believe that the older (PreAGE) controllers were known as Prototrak. We had both types in our shop. The older plain 2 axis ProtoTraks were being replaced with the newer AGE3 machines due to the ease of programming for machining more complex part profiles. We still hung on to the 2 axis AGE machines, but downgraded them to run simpler parts.
      If you have run the AGE systems you should have no trouble with the earlier ProtoTrak systems. When you go for the job interview get a look at the machines, you should be able to determine how their machines compare with the ones you have operated in the past.

Hope this helps,
      Frank

Comment

Thanks for the info. I really didn't have any trouble with the programing aspect of them. It was the program loading and storing functions that seemed funky IIRC
        Forty plus years and I still have ten toes, ten fingers and both eyes. I must be doing something right.

Comment

Working...
        X