• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (OT) Haggis Hunt (Scotts Only)

http://haggishunt.scotsman.com/

Haggiscams! Arn't technology great?

edited ..................
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

OT- Haggis

Sorry, I was musing on 'Holy Willie's Prayer' before doing 'Selkirk Grace'

Just amuse yourselves- if you must

Craigellachie, Stand Fast- the cry o' the Grants.

Norm

Comment

close down this filth the mountain haggis is dead and buriedAlistair
        Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

OT-Haggis

Nope Alistair- merely waiting for someone to give it a drink o'the malt and its legs will grow again. Two short legs on one side and two on the other.Great for circling mountains- and things. Or am I confusing it with the Ouzle Woozle bird?

Alistair, I'm now on my way to my 77th year- and my memory, and my memory and my------- how the time flies?

This should be fun if I can keep sober long enough to -to- to .Two , 2 or well, never mind.

Norm

And A- who's this lucky girl- Miss-Fortune?
          Hic

Comment

She was having some dental treatment like hugh jarse or huge arse which is what it sounds like I phoned the surgery asked if we had a hugh jarse booked in for that afternoon the dumb receptionist could be heard calling in the background huge arse do we have a huge arse etc couldnt stop laughing dumbo well miss fortune or hugh jarse take care my friend have one on me Alistair

Comment

So is a haggis a Platapus? they look alot alike u know.

Comment

Haggis is a sheeps stomach filled with oats spices and stuff and not an animal at all sorry to dissapoint can you get it in the beautiful states of America?? I should think so if you buy haggis get grants haggis in a can its really moist and tatsy highly recommended and no I don't own the company otherwise it would be called big Al's haggis in a tin moisty and tast so as there would be no ambiguiyt involved and in small print it would say no animals killes other than a sheeps stomach so feel easy when eating it Alistair

Comment

[QUOTE=Alistair Hosie]Haggis is a sheeps stomach filled with oats spices and stuff and not an animal at all )
                  I dont believe you
                  MBB

Comment

Originally posted by aviemoron
                    Two short legs on one side and two on the other.Great for circling mountains- and things. Or am I confusing it with the Ouzle Woozle bird?

Norm

And A- who's this lucky girl- Miss-Fortune?
                    Hic

Hey Norm, here in the Rocky Mts, that's called a sidehill galoot...
                    Ron in CO...

Comment

OT- Haggis

I was in the Sue Ryder shop in Aviemore- a very important charity shop nationally in the UK- and they had a nest which after hatching, they brought down from the Cairngorms- which next to Ben Nevis are Britain's highest whatsits. I was later in Grantown on Spey and another shop had another nest, so it must be true.

Obviously, there are not many and the whereabouts are kept a closely guarded secret which are handed down from father to eldest son on the death bed of the former. It's bit like the length of Scottish sporrans and the the relationship to what is worn or unworn under the kilt. It certainly isn't stuff that to be bandied about to all and sundry. It's man's talk when the wee drams are passed around the peat fire in the Butt and Bhein- when the wind is blowing down the Lairig Ghru- the Foreboding Way to the Sassenachs.
                      When the Fergus O'More howls around the Shelter Stone by Loch Avon below Ben MacDhui, ye'll hear the auld 'uns talk and ye pull yer plaid tightly around yer shoulders before ye skip haeme to the wifey in yer ghillies.

Mon that's no for the likes of some.

Well, that's enough of that

Norm

Comment

Norm I told you before theres nothing worn under my kilt it's all in good working orderAlistair

Comment

Whats kept in the sporran or is that just used to stop you lifting up the kilt in adverse weather when you need to answer natures call.
                          MBB

Comment

Originally posted by Alistair Hosie
                            Haggis is a sheeps stomach filled with oats spices and stuff and not an animal at all sorry to dissapoint
                            That's just a myth perpetuated by all people north of the wall to stop the wild ones being hunted.
                            Shame on you for telling people such a blatant untruth.

Allan

Comment

OT- Haggis

Malcolm,
                              the sporran is to a haggis is what a pouch is to a kangaroo.

Obviously, a sporran with hold three tasselled hagii. You would see them coming out for a breather- and living so close to hairy Scots, who would blame them?

The ignorance of these Geordies. Mutter, Mutter

Norm

Comment

Working...
                              X