another interesting stock bender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another interesting stock bender

Here is a site and bender video for steel stock with only mucsle power.
    http://www.chucksimonian.com/viewbender.htm
    Glen
    Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
    I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
    All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Interesting.....

I watched the video all the way through. It was surprising it'd only do 3/16" x 1-1/2" with a 90 degree bend (the easy way) while it would edge bend 3/8" x 1" (the hard way).

His spec page should be upgraded, it's wrong and misleading, he shows the bend radii as "up to", it should be as "small as" since smaller radii are harder than larger.

He should demo it mounted to a work bench rather than the wiggly mount on a hitch post, I found that distracting.

It must be expensive, it appears you have to register to get pricing, to me, that's a tip off it's going to expensive.

Still interesting though.

Comment

I thought he could have mounted it better also.

Comment

Its was designed as a take to the job site tool it can be mounted to a stand or bench. it was for what everybody calls wrought rails and fencing and capraial for the step railing. think its in the neighborhood of 570.00 US.
        under $600.Us. The harbor fright 12 ton pipe bender layed on its side with some homemade rollers will do the same thing. for $49.00 $59.00 on sale
        Glen
        Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
        I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
        All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

Working...
        X