Which would you rather have?

Last summer?

Or this morning?

Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Sky diving jet flying in -38 degrees...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7Niv915k5Y
    Note the douche bags for fuel tanks?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BBC_Gy8B90

Tougher than I am.. it is 70 inside and my feet are so cold I am fixing to get under a electrici blanket
    Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Ya gotta dress for it David.

Comment

Having a little cool snap up there, eh Evan?

It's all relative. I've wintered for varying times in Colorado, Idaho, Omaha NE, Minot ND, Plattsburgh NY, and such, but I've felt every bit as cold here in Alabama.

Comment

Yeah, it's getting cool. Probably colder tonight. We really need a week or so of -40 to kill off the pine bark beetles and maybe save what is left of the interior forests.

Comment

Ah yes! I had to work in that crap last night(10 hour shift). Shop is so busy that we are ending up stuck outside under a roof with all open sides to finish of some projects. Went from +2 at start to -27 a few hours later with about a 40 mph wind with a lovely bunch of swirling snow to go with it.. Was wonderful....respirator kept freezing up...ass got froze. Nice....laying down on a cold steel plate doing stitch welding all damm night.
            Metal doesn't get hot enough to keep you warm when yer just stitching it.
            Getting sick of the 5 ft high snowbanks in my yard also. My driveway is shrinking faster than my shop floor. That isn't good.
            ONE MORE....I've had enough so I'm packing it in after tonight. Four months of nights has turned me into something strange...living on sleeping pills....can't sleep in the daytime. Soon back to normal.
            Thank Gawd for the ol' wool longjohns! Complete with rear end flap....they are the only thing that makes me go out in this crap.
            Global warming? Not here.
            Russ
            I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

I think the coldest I've experienced in southern New England is about -24F. For you, that would be a heat wave!
              This winter it has mostly been in the 50s and 60s. Weird weather.
              ----------
              Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
              Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
              Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
              There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
              Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
              Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie

Comment

Lynnl, You werent here in Omaha in '75 were you?

Comment

Anything would be better than last year. As a matter of fact, I haven't had to mow grass for over a year and a half. It's all dead! Trimmed some dirt about three months ago mostly to cut some high weeds but other than that, no grass cutting. No rain of any circumstance and temperatures over 100 all last summer. Couldn't even keep the garden alive.

Comment

God, that makes me cold just looking at the pic. My eyeballs would freeze! Brrrrr....
                    Russ
                    Master Floor Sweeper

Comment

Originally posted by CCWKen
                      Trimmed some dirt....
                      That's a good one.
                      Paying Attention Is Not That Expensive.

Comment

Me I'll take the cold. I can usually put on more clothes if its cold but if its too hot then I get down to minimal clothing and thats just plain ugly. I was once traveling and in Chicago when they were having record cold at -40f with wind chill to -60 or better. I called my wife in Oregon and she commented that it was to freeze here so she was going to put some plants inside. I came to the realization that the freezing Oregon weather was 70 degrees warmer that in Chicago and that did not count wind chill.
                        lg
                        no neat sig line

Comment

We broke an 1876 record this past week with 69F (southern NH) on monday. Must have had some global warming back in 1876, eh?

Comment

Look at the bright side...beer's always cold...no bugs!
                            Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                            Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

Comment

well it was 65 here this evening suppose to get cold nexk week in the 40theeee
                              Every Mans Work Is A Portrait of Him Self
                              http://sites.google.com/site/machinistsite/TWO-BUDDIES
                              http://s178.photobucket.com/user/lan...?sort=3&page=1

Comment

Working...
                              X