Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subscribed

Good day ladies and gentleman,

This week I have subscribed to your forum. I see every now and then an item popping up which interests me. I just want to be able to ask one or two follow-up questions. Like on the electronic gearbox this week.

I am from the mainland of Europe, so discussions about ol' American iron (and why they don't make it anymore), firearms and ebay have little interest to me.
    It's just that there is no forum in my native language and my German is worse then my English. So it's Anglo-American.

This forum looks easy going to me, not that much as the bragging contests going on at other forums. And I will never ask someone to read the manual for me.

I have seen that on the internet it's easy to claim to have experience and knowledge, so I take it all with a grain of salt.

Well this is all. Writing an introductory letter is difficult enough.

mainland of Europe could be a lot of places, care to be more specific?
    "four to tow, two to go"

Comment

USA is also a vast surface. My internet experience is coming from the mainland of Europe is challenging enough. Specifics makes it worse.

While I am me.

Comment

HuH?
        So You will not tell us where you are from?

Comment

Welcome to the zoo.

Comment

I think the guy must be a spy or something. Beware!
            "four to tow, two to go"

Comment

Oh goodie! A puzzle. Now I get to try and figure out what your native language is based on sentence construction.

Czech or Slovak perhaps? Ahoy then.
              Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

France is my guess
                NRA member

Gun control is using both hands

Comment

Nah. Plocha in Czech translates first to "surface" in English but means area.

Ahoy (ahoj) means "Hi" btw. Good friend of mine is Slovak. First clue is that his last name is Slovak...

Comment

MCS.........It might be worth a warning.........If you get to be too much of a "mystery" guest, the regulars are going to make things "real rough" on ya.

Might even refuse to answer some (or any) of your "follow up" questions.

Not that I subscribe to that type of treatment, but some of us "good ol boys" are just like that.......We LUVS a challenge........But it's your funeral....LOL

Regards and as Joel said......"welcome to the zoo".....
                    RPease

Comment

nothing in his public profile, won't accept emails, now I am convinced he is a spy, or a troll perhaps.
                      "four to tow, two to go"

Comment

A spy? You mean like with a shoe phone or something?

Comment

You are only supposed to ask those kind of questions under the cone of silence.
                          Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                          Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

Comment

I think MCS is George Bush or Tony B Liar, they never answers a direct question but definitely a politician.
                            MBB

Comment

How can you be a spy on a forum open to the public? I just want to avoid being "characterised" or "stereotyped" as a fulltime garlick, cheese, bratwurst or spaghetti eater.

I don't think it is important to know people's exact location, language, occupation, age, financial status or the added weight of tools.

The electronic gearbox, among other things, had my interest.
                              Earlier Forest Addy had stated that one spot per revolution presumes a lot.

Having programmed this recently, I can confirm that. I have worked on an '78 CNC lathe. Maximum pitch was 40.95mm per revolution. Used 25mm now and and then.

It's interesting to research where in time these capacity's were lost, the acceptance thereof and the workarounds.

Comment

Working...
                              X