Post a pic of yourself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post a pic of yourself

Well I've been around here for a very long time, and never posted a pic of myself before, so, here we go. I'm flying a Diamond DA40 FP. VERY nice airplane! Flying along coast of Naples, Florida.

And here is one reason why the airplane is nice

Comment

I like mine better, but I'd like it more if I still had it

http://thevirtualbarandgrill.com/gallery/flying01

Comment

No wonder the Chinese were buying up all the scrap aluminum. They're making planes with it! The avionics are pretty cool though.

Comment

Originally posted by CCWKen
          No wonder the Chinese were buying up all the scrap aluminum. They're making planes with it! The avionics are pretty cool though.
          That airplane was made in Canada, interesting enough, the Chinese ARE opening a plant to make that very model... It is all composite, very nice, I'd buy one over a cessna for sure! better mileage, goes a little faster

Comment

Cool! Would you all believe i've never flown in an airplane before? Come to think of it i guess i haven't ever flown - period -

Now my goal is to break tripple digets, speed wise, on a vehicle i build myself before breaking it in a premade vehicle (i.e. car or airplane)

Comment

DP, you had a coupe eh? Thats cool. I heard those had a pretty narrow CG range to them. You know, I still have this damn Grin on my face and I can't seam to get rid of it...
              Fasstrack, theres no excuse for that, march on down to your nearest airport, go to a FBO and ask for an introductory flight, should cost yah anywhere from 55$ on up to 100$

Comment

Glass cockpit is nice until the power goes off. My Cessna 140 was all non electric (except the spark plugs and radio). That included vacuum powered turn and bank, DG and artificial horizon. They had radium dials too. It's pretty suprising how much radiation they emit.
                Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by BillH
                  Well I've been around here for a very long time, and never posted a pic of myself before, so, here we go. I'm flying a Diamond DA40 FP. VERY nice airplane! Flying along coast of Naples, Florida.

Dude -- you look high...

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
                    Glass cockpit is nice until the power goes off. My Cessna 140 was all non electric (except the spark plugs and radio). That included vacuum powered turn and bank, DG and artificial horizon. They had radium dials too. It's pretty suprising how much radiation they emit.
                    Even the backup artificial horizon is electric powered.... No vacum powered anything on it.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer
                      Dude -- you look high...
                      A natural high of excitement.

Comment

Originally posted by BillH
                        And here is one reason why the airplane is nice
                        This picture looks so much like it came out of Microsoft Flight simulator. Is that in the new version or from an add-on?
                        Gene

Comment

I know theres a special permit to be instrument rated but do you have to have a special instrument permit for these "type" of instruments?

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer
                            I know theres a special permit to be instrument rated but do you have to have a special instrument permit for these "type" of instruments?
                            No, although they offer a 1200$ course on them, you could also buy the 220$ book set on it, or I imagine, download the manual off the Garmin web page
                            Im sure some one out there offers a payware airplane for microsoft flight sim that uses the garmin g1000 trainer if they have it, like they do for the GPS 530.
                            TopCt, my photos in my opinion rather suck. I had a choice, take serious photographs that look professional, or some quick and dirty ones to maximize my time flying. No brainer

Comment

I have a friend with a super viking bellonka (sp?), its a cool plane, he takes me flying once and awhile, he knows his plane very well and has tested the limits close to the point of failure (the main wing struts are spruece and he cracked one and had to send the plane back to get fixed)

Today i become a pilot for the first time in my life, its my twin engine harbor frieght RC, i stayed up late fine tuning everything for optimum performance including de-burring the entire plane and sharpening the props (thats how i layed open a finger while drunk last night) Im at altitude so i sharpend the props to grab a little more air since the electric motors dont take a hit performance wise, got a nice big fluffy snow field, the battery pack is on the charger right now...

my only other piloting experience was when i spent a month and built a glider, (one of those intricate balsa toothpick planes)
                              me and a buddy took it to the top of a cliff to launch, he had the plane and i had the controller -- his only job was to turn the switch to the on position and then throw the plane --- he got to the top and just threw the plane, we both watched in horror as the plane arc'd upward and then imediatly stalled and took a nose dive into a boulder

I hope today goes better...

Comment

Working...
                              X