New Member Introduction: Meet Mayor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member Introduction: Meet Mayor

I posted this here so they guy don't think we're ignoring him. He originally posted in JTiers More toolmaking thread

WOW!
    Thats some nice work.....Hello All.....newbie here!....I aquired a small antique lathe and a "standard" brand knee mill.......The lathe is a Dalton 6.
    I've got limited knowledge in machinist work as I've always been a carpenter and heavy equipment operator...but my hobby is restoring IH cub cadet tractors and old time flat belt driven farm machinery. The mill and lathe have already proven indispensible in my hobbies. I'm here too learn and ask some questions.....so feel free to help or yell at me accordingly.....
    So far.....I have learned to make some really nice steel wool.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Mayor, welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your stay. I moved/copied this over here for you so it won't look like you're hijacking some one elses thread !

Have you been luking in the shadows for awhile as they say?
    Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Welcome Mayor.
      That's how we all learnt, making swarf and asking questions.
      Just got my head together
      now my body's falling apart

Comment

Well Mayor, considering the welcome I got here, we should at least top that.

So welcome, from a three-day member.

Comment

Well, at least Mayor isn't ashamed of where he lives, West Virginia. thats a good beginning, unlike some others who like to be secretive.
          "four to tow, two to go"

Comment

New member intro.

Nice to have a new member who seems to have his feet on the ground.

I'm merely floating an idea to get to the bottom of things from someone who wants to get his own platform.

Normon- the Aviemoron

Comment

Hello and Welcome Mayor... So now that we know what your hobbies are why not post a picture or two of some of your toys. We all like old iron.
              Wow... where did the time go. I could of swore I was only out there for an hour.

Comment

He doesn't act like a Mayor or any Politician ,He sure is Quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by MCS
                  Well Mayor, considering the welcome I got here, we should at least top that.

So welcome, from a three-day member.
                  Watch this MSC !!

Hey Mayor, what part of the world you from?

Comment

Thanks for the Welcome party guys!
                    Sorry I havent been back since I posted that but it sure has been a busy week around here!.....spent the day today playing with the chainsaws and tractors cutting firewood at the farm......going back for more fun tomorrow!
                    I'll get some pics. of the machines I have and try to get them posted here asap!.
                    Sure wish I had a heated garage to work in right now!.....lots of projects but not at 20* outside!!!.
                    I do a lot of fab work for the tractors building new implements and such.....so the lathe and mill is sure helping me with these!.....I've got tools out there that I dont even know what they are or how they work...but I'm learning!.

Comment

Your Old Dog....
                      My part of the world would be Barboursville, West Virginia. I've tried the big cities....not for me....I'm happy bein a hillbilly!

Comment

Woops...double posted!

Comment

Welcome to the forum. More than a few of us live in the sticks.

Comment

Nothing but sticks around my place. Last "count" I'd guess about 5000 to 10,000 trees on my place. No sidewalks, no street lights, no sirens, no sewer taxes, no water taxes, no dog licence, no bicycle licence, nobody lookin in my yard, no body telling me when I can water my lawn or what color I can paint my house, nobody to complain if I want to catch some rays in my standard issue bathing suit.

Welcome.
                            Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by Mayor
                              Your Old Dog....
                              My part of the world would be Barboursville, West Virginia. I've tried the big cities....not for me....I'm happy bein a hillbilly!
                              Hill Billy is my roots !! A year or so before Pa passed on we stood in the back yard next to the old chicken coop overlooking the weeds, lawn tractors (abt 8), boats (3) and a pile of scrap and burn barrell. Standing beside my dad I said, "go ahead dad, say it." He said, "Say what?" With that I raised my right arm in Indian fashion and waved it over the back yard mess and said "someday son, this will all be yours!" We got a good laugh out of it. My wife won't let me follow in Dad's footsteps but that's where my heart is !

Comment

Working...
                              X