• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone want to buy a piece of swarf on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/cnc-machining-...QQcmdZViewItem

Alistair
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Was looking for some manual swarf,not cnc,although I'm sure it's purty it will look just like the swarf my nieghbor buys.
    I would really like to make my own but the shop is cold right now and it will take at least twelve hours of heat before I can start to crank out my own...so what the heck I'll order some and if nothing else I'll have some imported stuff to impress friends.
    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Willie when I was a young man a student at the Dental Hospital I was on Holiday and hitched a ride in a big truck the guy was delivering (dung) cow **** all the way from south of england to Scotland he told me he had been driving all night then he said guess what I am to do ?I have been ordered to deliver it to Edinburgh and then after I drop it off I have to drive to another farm about 12 miles away and repick up a full load of cow **** and deliver it to near where I started out It makes you wonder Alistair

Comment

Alistair,sometimes fact is stranger than fiction,it is indeed a bizarre world we live in.
        I will have to keep tabs on the swarf bidding,I hope it does not turn into a feeding frenzy...I do hate it so to be disappointed.
        Perhaps if I sell mine I can afford to buy theirs.
        Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
        Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Alright I know I am just opening myself up for punishment, and a future Snipe hunt, BUT WTF is Swarf? Do you mean chips?

Just another stoopid Yank from across the pond.....Let'er rip!
          Duke Reno / Yankee Metallic Metalcraft

Comment

yeah chips is swarf ...but if you in the US, have a large elongated spiraled up chip ...is it still a chip ...
            swarf covers both.... from fine filings-to...mile long strands of metal.

Chips are for eating ..here in the uk preferably with fish and some salt and vinegar sprinkled on them.

all the best.mark
            Last edited by aboard_epsilon; 01-16-2007, 09:30 PM.

Comment

I have it in my "watch this item." I've never had any UK swarf.
              "The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the greatest liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth." H. L. Mencken

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

"When fear rules, reason and logic are ruled out."

Comment

Not interested in CNC swarf at any price. Now, if he can turn a 10 foot or longer chip by hand, then I may listen. Eight foot was my record.
                Paul A.
                SE Texas

Make it fit.
                You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Alciatore
                  Now, if he can turn a 10 foot or longer chip by hand, then I may listen. Eight foot was my record.
                  It was about a ten foot piece, a nice sharp & shiney helix of copper, which taught me to not clear that stuff with my bare hands. A valuable lesson which could have been even more painful than it was.

Comment

I wish I lived closer so I could pick it up. The shipping is a deal killer.
                    The early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Alciatore
                      Not interested in CNC swarf at any price. Now, if he can turn a 10 foot or longer chip by hand, then I may listen. Eight foot was my record.

iF its ten foot long why is it still called a chip .;...

yup got one in my workshop at the mo ....100 feet long ...plastic !!!

All the best...mark

Comment

what the heck did you guys do to me???? i added the swarf to my watch list and now everything is coming up in £ instead of $. well at least it isn't Euros.

andy b.
                        The danger is not that computers will come to think like men - but that men will come to think like computers. - some guy on another forum not dedicated to machining

Comment

With my luck I'd win the bid, get the package and drop the swarf on my shop floor...

Comment

If you invite me and my wife, mother in law ,and thirteen kids ,and sixty two grandchildren, over for a months free holiday I'll bring you a little bit Alistair

Comment

Working...
                            X