Micrometer Adjustable Reamer Stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micrometer Adjustable Reamer Stop

I would like to publicly thank Steve Acker for trying and then writing about the Micrometer Adjustable Reamer Stop. It was not long ago I was a fledgling wantabe machinist. I learn something new everyday. Home Shop Machinist and Machinist's Work Shop have been an important part of my life for the last couple of years.

I bought and read Steve's book, THE GUNSMITH MACHINEST (Village Press). I read it many times and marked it with yellow highlighter and has my notes written in the margins. I thought there was no better person to send this tool to for evaluation. It makes me feel real good knowing a master like Steve felt favorable about something I created. Neal you need to know that your publications does reach folks everyday. My phone has rung off the hook.

Read Steves article it is well written an answers many questions. It too has some very detailed photos.

Again thanks Steve, and Neil.

Rustystud
    a/k/a Nathaniel G. Lambeth, Sr.

Steve does a good job with his articles. They are clearly written and well illustrated.

The reamer stop is interesting and appears well made. Dem-Bart had a comparable unit on the market in the 50"s.
    Jim H.

Comment

Dem-bart

JCHANNUM:

Do you have any information on the DEM-BART units? I am aware P.O. Ackley made his own version in the early 1950s. But it was significantly enought different and was not patented. My lawyers and my patent research did not find anything that would interfere with my Patent application. If you have any drawings, information, or samples of the DEM-BART units I would be interested in seeing it.
      Thanks
      Nathaniel G. Lambeth, Sr.

Comment

This cut of the Dem-Bart reamer stop was in "Gunsmithing Simplified" by Harold E. McFarland. It was published in 1950, my copy is the 1960 printing.

You might want to look at Cogsdill and Bokum products. They both make similar micro stop tools for counterboring applications. They also make several other types of tooling for reaming and hole preparation. It is not chamber reaming, but similar in application.
        Last edited by JCHannum; 01-23-2007, 09:51 PM.
        Jim H.

Comment

When was the article in the magazine, issue date
          Chuck

Comment

Steve Ackers MARS article

The February/March 2007 Issue of Machinist Workshop has the new article.

Rustystud

Comment

Dave Kiff Pacific tool and Gauge sold out of MARS

Folks:
              Due to high demand Dave Kiff and Pacific Tool and Gauge has temporarially sold out of the Lambeth/Kiff Micrometer Adjustable Reamer Stop. More are on their way. MidwayUSA should have some next week. It will be 4-6 weeks until the next batch are done. I still have a few sets. Thank you for your orders and patients.

Thanks

Rustystud
              a/k/a
              Nathaniel G. Lambeth, Sr.

Comment

Working...
              X