Kudos for ENCO & customer service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kudos for ENCO & customer service

I took delivery of my 9x42 ENCO "Bridgeport clone" a couple days ago, and thought I would give them credit for some very nice service.

I chose one of the package deals ---DRO & Power feed-- and on ordering was advised that this would be installed at their facility and would cause a few extra days on delivery. Two days later, got a call asking if I had thought of any questions, had any problems, etc about the order. The estimated time passed for the accessory install and I get a call advising the mill would be delivered the next day, then a few hours later the trucking calls to verify address, be at home, etc. The next day it shows up in excellent condition, all wrapped in saran wrap...nary a scratch! Get it in shop and undressed, ---really nice piece of tooling. Later that afternoon, I get another call (now get this, --we've all heard about it and it happened here!) MSC, yep, MSC calls and wants to know if it arrived and everythings allright and saying they will check back in about a month to make sure no problems....

Now, this has brightened my outlook on buying experiences considerably. All these people impressed me as being genuinely nice and friendly and helpful, ----perhaps we can hope that this manner of handling a sale will spread...
    If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something........

Ordered from Enco, and MSC calls up? I knew it, same company!

Comment

Enco

Bill and I have been corresponding for some time now. I ordered a mill from them the 29 of December, they did me the same way Bill reported - said they would call back in a month. The month was up today and I got a call just checking to see if everything was alright and was I satisfied. I said yes. I don't know what to do with service like that. riceone.

Comment

quote: "I don't know what to do with service like that"

You just did it

Comment

Verifying the "D Thomas theory here.........

I found Enco to be un-cooperative, and expensive.

Got a vernier height gage from them. Thing looked like it had been made with a dull file and a sharp piece of rock. Actually was messed up, and not from shipping.

So I got a return authorization.....

I had to pay for them shipping the defective thing to me, AND I had to pay to ship it back, out of my pocket.

If I wanted it replaced, I would have had to pay again to ship the replacement to me.....

Told them "no thanks", paid to ship it back and washed my hands of the bozos.

Bottom line..... I HAD TO PAY ENCO TO SHIP ME JUNK.....and back.... THEY took NO RESPONSIBILITY.

Bought another item from Grizzly, similar cost. It was messed up (manufacturing QC problems) when I got it, so same deal, get an RA etc.

Griz sent me a call tag to ship back with, and refunded my original shipping, as well as purchase price, since I declined a replacement.

Bottom line........ I WAS NOT OUT A NICKEL FOR THEIR BAD MERCHANDISE.

Now.......... which one had the better customer service THAT time?

Keep eye on ball.
          Hashim Khan

Everything not impossible is compulsory

Birds are NOT real, they are spying on you

Comment

I don't know wat to say, Jerry. My experience tallies with Bill and Riceone. I've ordered lots of stuff from Enco (no major items but lots of mid and low level stuff) and never had a sniff of bad service. I bought a drill press that had a weenie motor that was promptly replaced and they were patient of my persistant question over what would be trivialities with most people.

Comment

Originally posted by BillH
              Ordered from Enco, and MSC calls up? I knew it, same company!
              Yes, Msc owns Enco and J&L.

I think Enco's service has improved 100% since MSC purchased the company.
              I've sent stuff back to Enco without any charges. The last thing was a POS Starrett Digital Micrometer that the friction thimble was notchy and the electronics slow. I traded it for a Mitutoyo that is wonderful to use. And before that one of the Chinese coax indicators that the needle fell off of, got a Blake to replace that one.
              Mark Hockett

Comment

Enco

Within the last year I sent something back to Enco and they gave me credit for the part and original shipping. riceone.

Comment

i bought my 9x42 enco mill years ago had the same good experence. i had one thing to retrun to enco it was a 24" scale they sent a metric and i ordered a english one. they sent a pickup order and sent the right one . i only paid shipping on the first order.

bill think about it you could have bought a wore out b-p and not had to deal with them.

Comment

I mistakenly ordered two of the same size adjustable reamers from Enco, so I called a month or so later to see if I could return the extra one. They said 'nah - not worth the trouble and expense by the time you ship it and we receive it, restock it etc. We'll just give you your money back and you hang on to it.'

I call that pretty good service.

Comment

Same great experiences here as I ordered a 1" travel dial indicator and when it arrived it was not the same as pictured in their catalog, I called them and they did a bin check and none they had was like the catalog so they refunded the cost and again said just keep it as returning was a bigger hassle than what it cost.
                      I buy 99% of my tools from Enco the other 1% from Travers tool, and I wood sooner deal with a reputable company than a unkown on E-Bay.

Graeme

Comment

I ordered a new jacobs chuck and matching R8 arbor for it but they sent the wrong taper for the chuck. I called them up and they said it was not worth sending back, let me keep it and sent out the right arbor. Now I need to order another chuck to fit this arbor cause I can't have it laying around in the tool box with no chuck on it. See what kind of problems this kind of service causes.
                        Jonathan P.

Comment

I have pretty good service from Enco, specially their free shipping.

I ordered a "Grip-Master" drill press vise. It is a Heinrich knock off. Half the price, not anywhere near the quality.

Anyway, it would not hold tight. It appeared the center shaft for locking the jaws was just too soft. The metal would rather distort and shave off rather than hold.

I called Enco and they sent a UPS return label. Piece of cake, no hassle even though it was partially my fault for buying a crappy vise. JRouche

Comment

Right, then......

You guys get the phone people that know what is up............ I get the one who already put in their notice and can't be fired....... Or had a fight with their spouse, or whatever it was......

Yah.... I buy from Victor, and MSC. Maybe I'll try Enco again, but they quit sending me the flyers, so................

Keep eye on ball.
                            Hashim Khan

Everything not impossible is compulsory

Birds are NOT real, they are spying on you

Comment

I rec. a notice in the mail last week that says-while reviewing their records from purchases I've made over the past year, they've (Enco) dicovered that I've overpaid by $16.61. Today I get home from work and have an envelope sitting here with a check enclosed for $16.61? I think I'll spend it with them again.
                              "The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the greatest liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth." H. L. Mencken

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

"When fear rules, reason and logic are ruled out."

Comment

Working...
                              X