What mill in MEB article?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What mill in MEB article?

I was looking theu the latest Model Engine Builder, and noticed the mill the guy doing the R/R Eagle has.

Nice vertical/horizontal mill, benchtop size, but looks to have a big table. Very solid looking vertical head.

What is it?

Maybe I'm being thrown off by the green paint, but I didn't recognize it at all.
    CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
    Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
    Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
    I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
    Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

It is hard to tell, but it is not one of these;

http://www.lathes.co.uk/excel/page2.html

It also is not a Senior mill, or one of several other British mills I (and probably you) looked at on Tony's site. It does look to be a good solid, compact mill. It is a combination horizontal/vertical bench mill with a knee for those without the magazine, and is possibly British or European in origin.
    Jim H.

Comment

I went through a LOT of the stuff at "lathes.co.uk" and saw not one that was particularly close, let alone exactly like the one in the mag.

The worst thing abut it is that it is "close" to a bunch of them, but different in details from all I saw.

Might be some sort of adaptation., I suppose, but it really does look like a 'legitimate" unit.
      CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
      Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
      Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
      I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
      Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

Given the mans obvious skill level...

Given that this guy is obviously very skilled, the mill could be a build up of all sorts of parts. Might be close to a one off. Building the mill would have to be easier than than eagle. Close to 400CC? How about a 24 cylinder bike? That would probably be a first.
        James Kilroy

Comment

Working...
        X