Another odd (to me) thread size question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another odd (to me) thread size question

Got my new 9x42 ENCO and am personalizing it. Since my vision isnt what it used to be, I need extra light,-- so got a couple of the goose neck threaded end arms from McMaster to make up a couple lamps. Well, the thread on both ends is 5/8"-27 - male/female--and I'm not finding anything about this. Anybody shed any light on some way to get these adapted to a surface......
    If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something........

Bill,

I believe that's 1/8 NPS - a straight pipe thread that's 27 tpi. Pretty common on lamps. Taps are commonly available. Hope that helps.

Marc -
    The early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Well, thank you Marc....that solved that puzzle for me --- it is indeed 1/8 NPS...and, McMaster has the tap,-- wish I'd known that when I ordered, or, the description would've shown it as being a pipe thread. Ah well...........
      If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something........

Comment

Hi Bill,
        I don't think the 1/8- 27 pipe tap will help you, as the outside dia. of 1/8" pipe is .405" not 5/8"
        What 5/8"-27tpi is for brass tube threads, all US brass threads have a standard 27 tpi, it doesn't matter what dia. The British have a simular brass thread but the tpi is 26tpi.
        Doug

Comment

Working...
        X