3c collet closer dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3c collet closer dimensions

Looking for a drawing and/or information on 3c collet closers. No, I don't want to buy one, I'd like to make it. If you could help me with the details of bearing surface diameter and entry angle I would appreciate it very much.

------------------
    ThomP
    ThomP

This page http://www.loganact.com/tips/collet.htm has a little information. Not enough though....
    ----------
    Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
    Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
    There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
    Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie

Comment

I have a drawing or two in AutoCAD of my collet closer. I have a 9" South Bend. Its not a lever, just a hand wheel type. If you want me to dig them up I will. Email me if you want me to find them.

Comment

i think that i would like to have my colletts in hand & custom fit....IF i remember ...gary reisdorf in hms wrote a GOOD piece on making own colletts, used hardinge book specs .....before 92-93 or so.might have been 3at .think it WAS 3c. if all else fails , i think i can pin it down for u.
        bestwishes
        docn8as
        docn8as

Comment

I just made a 3C closer, and I was referred to www.zagar.com for dimensions.
          MUCH more info that the Logan site. Suggest you look there in the collet section and I think you will find everything you need.

I made the closer piece from the dims on the site before I got any collets, and it fit perfectly when I was able to try it on a collet.

Comment

Working...
          X