Fastners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fastners

Where can a guy buy low volume quantities of SHCS, Shoulder bolts, dowel pins and such? I don't need 100 of anything, and that seems to be the only quantity (or more) available.
    I know about all the little goody drawers at the local hardwear store, and they have all the different cap screws, as long as you don't need anything over an inch long. I guess I could make due with hex head bolts; but they don't look as neat and professional, I truly like all my bolt heads c'sunk.
    Last edited by Rusty Marlin; 02-08-2007, 08:42 PM.
    Ignorance is curable through education.

Try here:

Over 60 years in the business, with warehouses located in Warren, Michigan and Tulsa, Oklahoma. Place your order now via phone, fax, or the web at www.wttool.

They sell in smaller amounts. Most of the bolts etc seem to "Brightons Best", a brand I have seen other places but they always want to sell you in lots of 100 hundred.

Just a satisfied customer, no other affiliation.
    Paul in NE Ohio

Comment

Small Parts Inc. is another good "hardware store" for just about anything. I just tried to look up some plastic gears but got an error. They could be down at the moment.

Comment

http://www.hexcrews.com/
        http://www.microfasteners.com/
        http://webservices.advanceware.net/hexcrews/home.aspx
        Here are a couple more mostly on the smaller sizes. http://www.reidtool.com/
        And you have the wholesale tool site they have a new web site. slick and easy to use. Another happy customer but than again I'm about 10 miles from the main store warehouse.
        Glen
        Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
        I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
        All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

Try your local industrial supplier. We have two local supply houses that sell screws on a per piece basis. I do try to order severa dozen at a time along with some steel. I would not expect them to sell me 2 1/4-20 x 3/4 SCHS on a single order.

Comment

This is my sweet spot

Locations - www.fastenal.com/web/locations.ex

Comment

Hmmm... Are you sure Fastenal sells broken packs?

I know Spaenaur in Canada sells less than package quantity. They also have what is likely the most comprehensive line of fasteners anywhere.

Comment

I'm fortunate enough to get all I want at work. Unfortunately I have to wire brush the loctite off.A real PIA on the little ones.

Comment

I get whatever I need from my favorite local industrial supplier/job shop. I will often buy a full box of the smaller stuff just to build my inventory.
                  Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

We have a local resource called Copper State Bolt & Fastener. They will sell you 1, or by the box, case, or pound (depending). Onsy, Twosy will cost more, but still cheaper than typical hardware stores (including big box) with better quality and selection. Most of the time, if you need a "handful" (technical term) or so you can get a box with 3-4 times as many for only a few bucks more (I've seen it where you SAVE money by getting the box with twice as many). If I need more than a few in anything relatively common, I always just get a box and add it to my selection, which almost always turns out to be a good thing. I bought a 90 bin rack (steel bins about 4x5x16) for $80 at a local auction and it's over half full, but I still have to venture out for the odd bolt or something far too often...
                    Russ
                    Master Floor Sweeper

Comment

McMaster-Carr Depending on the size, the min quantities vary from 1 to a box. For a 1/4-20 x 2" long p/n 90128A253 goes for $7.67 per pack of 25.
                      Last edited by JPR; 02-09-2007, 12:26 AM.
                      John

Comment

Some nice links, thanks.

I have a similar question. I noticed that McMaster and Grainger both added a line of Grade 9 cap screws in their latest catalogs. The photos look identical so it is probably the same brand. Garinger has the better selection of sizes, but both of them only list coarse threads, no fine threads. Obviously, some manufacturer has started selling a new line (I had searched quite extensively a year or so ago for anything better than Grade 8 or 8.8). Does anyone know who is making the line and if they are making any fine threads? I would be interested in 1/4", 3/8" and 3/4" sizes.
                        Paul A.
                        SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
                        You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

maccar is MY hero..........bought some 1/2"... long 1/8 some kinna tap thier own threads metal screws .................. all the way to ...1-1/2 dia 18" long galv bolts, nuts, and 3"x3" square washers for some heavy wood framing job.

and.........damn.....a whole lotta diff/wierd stuff in the last 30 years.....and got it all in like 24 houra to my door !!! (bout 100 miles away)

Comment

Forgot to add that if you have a tractor supply http://tractorsupply.com/
                            In your area for general machine type, hex bolts, washers, lag screws nuts.
                            They still sell them by the pound or fraction of a pound at the local one.
                            Glen
                            Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
                            I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
                            All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

I fortunately, got a deal on a MSC fastener dispenser a coupla years ago - means That I have a bunch of any given size.. When it comes time to refill, I just buy the standard 100 count.

The sucky part is that it doesn't have SOC screws, something I intend to rectify eventually - the problem is the cost - the "Cabinet" is like 100 bucks, and each draw ranges from $100-200 filled.

HTRN
                              EGO partum , proinde EGO sum

Comment

Working...
                              X