PM board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM board

Seems like the PM board is down again this evening.
    Bob
    Pics of shop and some projects
    http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y39...achine%20Shop/

Yes, seems that way. Wonder what the problem is this time?

Comment

I think DT keeps tripping over the damn plug and pulling it out of the wall.
      Wow... where did the time go. I could of swore I was only out there for an hour.

Comment

It seemed to happen about this time last week also.

Would the traffic be higher on a Friday night?

I recall D saying on the P.M site, that there wasn’t much he could do about it, if he didn’t know about it. What would the time be there now? 8.00p.m? Maybe out to dinner.There was mention of some one volunteering to ring his cell, not sure if that got through to conclusion.

Any one got his number?

Regards Phil.

Comment

Same here....no PM response.

Maybe Don could post his phone number and then EVERYONE could call it. ;<)

TMT

Comment

I gave up on PM a while ago. Too unreliable and the ads really slow it down on a satellite connection. The more off site links to images etc on a web page the slower a sat link is because of the latency to access each item. It can end up being even slower than dialup.
            Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Evan, I run Mozilla with Java script turned off. Never seen an add or flashing gizmo on PM

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
                I gave up on PM a while ago. Too unreliable and the ads really slow it down on a satellite connection. The more off site links to images etc on a web page the slower a sat link is because of the latency to access each item. It can end up being even slower than dialup.
                I think there is some firefox extensions that will block the ads, you might look around and see. I think greasemonkey will do it, you would have to learn how to write scripts if you don't know how already.

Comment

Yep, I've blocked most of them. Still unreliable.

Comment

Originally posted by Too_Many_Tools
                    Same here....no PM response.

Maybe Don could post his phone number and then EVERYONE could call it. ;<)

TMT
                    We don't need DT's number, we need the number of the hosting company. Once a few hunderd pissed off machinists give 'em an earful we'll see how often the site crashes

Comment

Evan - Wondered what had happened to you, as have several others.

Kind of interesting about the ad issue and slowness, which has been discussed several times there. I use XP Pro and IE 7 and really don't have any problem with PM, unless it is truly down for some reason, which usually is server related.

Comment

I spend too much time here, never mind other sites. I could easily blow away most of a day if I don't watch it. I miss my super high speed connection that I had at work. That's about the only thing I'm missing though.

Comment

I have dialup, which is even slower, as our phones are so crummy with noise that I have had a 12kb connection before... Often 33kb, sometimes 44 , rarely 48, and the numbers are bogus anyhow..... I have had it claim 48K, and I could count the bits going by on the transfer rate.....

I have to go to PM now, Don cajoled me into moderating a forum over there. But I don't mind, I find the forums vary. I haven't had much interesting over here for a while, so I've been over there more. Next week it could be the reverse..... just depends.

Even Chaski has kicked up in postings .

Evan, you should come back and mess with the head of "Mission Mfg".... He (she??) is one of those talkative "board bullies" who has to be right, and answers about 12 quoted parts of each post..... amusing.
                          CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
                          Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
                          Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
                          I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
                          Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

That sounds like fun.

I am serious though. I do spend too much time at the computer. It's not all on the forums. I spend a lot of time integrating bits and pieces of what is going on all over the world to figure out the markets. For instance, Hugo Chavez has been "voted" what amounts to full dictatorship power in Venezuela. This could have a serious impact on oil supplies to the US. A field closed in California, more people killed in Nigeria, a Norwegian field is closed, the composition of the Brent barrel is being changed because of a new field coming online which will change the Brent standard price, etc etc.

Comment

[QUOTE=

Evan, you should come back and mess with the head of "Mission Mfg".... He (she??) is one of those talkative "board bullies" who has to be right, and answers about 12 quoted parts of each post..... amusing.[/QUOTE]

That person is a work of art, I have been following his postings and really can't find anything nice to say about him. just have to shake my head.

Comment

Working...
                              X