Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorta OT How in the %*#@ do you edit craigslist??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorta OT How in the %*#@ do you edit craigslist??

EDITED 2-9-2007 late night.
    Never mind the advice, I finally got craigslist to accept a new updated ad by deleting the old one.
    I still don't know why it didn't let me edit it though.
    Last edited by YankeeMetallic; 02-10-2007, 01:13 PM. Reason: Finally Figured out another way.
    Duke Reno / Yankee Metallic Metalcraft

Repeat buyers? That's a good thing isn't it?

Can't help ya there as I've never tried to edit. If you run Webwasher, disable it before going to the edit page.

Comment

I just edited my listing and I used this "HELP" thing listed on their site:

help > free-edit

If your post was submitted while you were logged in, you can edit or delete it from your account page.

If you were not logged in, go back to the email that you initially used to publish the post and click on the highlighted web address. If you've deleted this email or can't find it, try having it re-sent.

To edit the post, make any changes that you need to the title or body and then click on "edit this posting." The changes will take effect immediately. Make sure that you refresh/reload your browser to see the changes on the site.

To delete the post click on "delete this posting."

I think the best way is to delete your posting and repost

I would rather have tools that I never use, than not have a tool I need.
      Oregon Coast

Comment

Yankee - just sent you a response via Craigs List on one of your items - the Buck set true chuck.

Dave A.

Comment

Originally posted by DryCreek
          Yankee - just sent you a response via Craigs List on one of your items - the Buck set true chuck.
          Dave A.
          The BUCK has been sold. Something I am doing in craigslist won't allow me to edit it. It will allow me to remove an ad and post a new one, but it won't allow me to edit anything I have mentioned about tooling. Must think I am a scammer!

Comment

YankeeMetallic, how do I find your listings? Do I need the name of the town you are in?

Comment

Yes, you need the city - The listings are in the Sacramento, Calif version of the list.

Comment

Thanks, I have gone thru 400 items so far and haven't found YM yet.

Comment

Easiest way is to go to the PM Board and look in the ads . Look at my updated list near the bottom of the thread.

The items on the PM are cheaper than craigslist. I think I finally got craigslist whipped by psyching out the computer by rearranging the items and deleting the ones that sold. Yep! It just came up!http://sacramento.craigslist.org/tls/276357389.html
                  And no I didn't post this just to sell things!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X