No announcement yet.

Another Great Machining Book- half off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Great Machining Book- half off!

For those who went for this last time, and saved forty dollars while Ken lost a few precious weekends, perhaps you could sent him your one dollar that we all agreed to do. I figured you had stopped reading the eight-page post since it kept reminding you of your debt. The total has hardly grown in ten days, and the term 'low-rent' is too kind!
    Richard in Los Angeles

Great idea!

Would you be able to refresh our memories of his address so we can do just that easily?

Comment

That's available on the previous eight-page post
      Ken Garver
      304 Monroe Ave,
      Wyckoff, New Jersey 07481-1956
      USA

Comment

Could someone please explain what this is all about? What eight page post?

Comment

Dear DR
          The story is contained in our record-breaking eight-page thread titled '92.00 Machine Tool Reconditioning Book' Our modest hero, Ken Garver, negotiated with the publishers of this book to get a massive discount of at least $40 per book, which grew to over two hundred books. As could be anticipated with such a large effort, there were problems caused by the Post Office losing a few books in the mail. It was proposed by Ken, and agreed by all, that if the all of the recipients of the book sent $1.00 each to Ken, then he wouldn't have to bear the $200 loss by himself. As so often happens in such cases, not even half the money has been collected, and human nature being what it is (a nice wide-open euphamism)the original reminder was now collecting dust away from our attention, hence my post to bring it back again. I suggest we keep doing it until Ken is fully reimbersed, and the integrity/honour of the group be re-established. It's not much incentive for anyone to volunteer to do such an act of kindness in the future.
          Richard in L.A.

Comment

I am willing to send Ken more money, I was one of those whose book is being read my the post office instead of me. I have sent more than a dollar to Ken and I will probably send him the cost of my second book, so Ken doesn't loose out. I was willing to spread the cost around like Ken wanted to do, but not every one is willing to particpate in this simple act of decency.

Comment

If I got in on one of the latter orders I'm contributing to the reimbursement fund aren't I? It was my understanding that a surecharge had been added. Please confirm.

Comment

Dave,
                Sending Ken another buck just for being a nice guy would be appreciated, it costs you a buck, an evelope, a sheet of paper and a stamp, under two bucks total.
                How about this, I will match the funds that are contributed to Ken to make up the lose? We can get Ken paid back much quicker then. Ken gets the official say on how much.

Jerry

Comment

I sent Ken a pciture of one of the French Ladies, you don't know what your missing, if Ken gets enough money so he can be sweet talkting these ladis, maybe he will take pictures and post them.

Jerry

Comment

Hey no problem there, Ken's doing a lot of work at great benifit to the rest of us and only asking not to get screwed in the process. But could you please give me a straight yes or no, am I (we) at least sending Ken one extra dollar if I got in on a latter order?

Comment

Dunno about the extra dollar but I got a book in the original order, shipped over to the UK with no problem.

I sent Ken $10.00 early last week as I have a load of this funny $$$$money and it's not worth anything here. We let the kids use it for monopoly.

John S.
                      Nottingham, England.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Worth nothin here too, so I sent more than just a buck too.

Stuff is so cheap here that the rent on it is only about 1% per year (paying TO you, It'll COST ya more....)

Comment

Lets give a gig hand to those who are helping Ken !!!! Can we see more folks doing tha good thing?

Jerry

Comment

RPM et al,
                            Thanks for the "wakeup". Each time I've read the post it's been another item in the round tuit file.....eh hem ..um... Envelope is now filled, addressed and stamped. Dug in the leather catch all; found a fin... that'll do donkey!
                            Thank You again Ken. You honor us all and remind me that there is still kindness and generosity in this world.
                            Humbly & Respectfully,
                            Will Abbot
                            Philipsburg, MT

Comment

Hi All,

Thanks to all of you who have responded the lost book fund AKA as the "Trip to France Fund" is now up to $107.00 And I did get the picture of the lovely French lady from JF Smith. She is someone that I'd like to get to know better. Thank you very much! Also I received the $10 "Monoply Money" from Merry Old England. The CDs arrived in fine shape too. Thank you John. If we could get some of the non-contributors to send in a buck the short fall will be a memory. My thanks to all who have contributed any and all $$ to make up the loss.

Regards, Ken

Comment

Working...
                              X